Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Hmmm, dunno what to do about this Bon Iver tour, was pondering Berlin, but it's a Sunday night, and still an arena. Think I'll wait. Saw him twice last time round (Primavera & Hammersmith), would be delighted if he plays Glastonbury next year

On 9/9/2019 at 11:31 AM, Hugh Jass said:

I dunno, his set was fun and his crowd gargantuan (lest we forget), but I can't see the festival dedicating prime real estate to him.

He's a perfect act to book for the young crowd. He has his little dip but people are all over him atm and acts keep covering his rewind phase at the 90s fests lol.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

He's a perfect act to book for the young crowd. He has his little dip but people are all over him atm and acts keep covering his rewind phase at the 90s fests lol.

This is Glastonbury, not 90’s Rewind at Butlins.

If he wants to go on early again then fine, but he shouldn’t be taking up a decent slot.

Edited by Hugh Jass

59 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

How young is the 'young crowd'? 30 year olds at Glasto 2020 were in primary school during Craig David's heyday. 20 year olds were 8 when his greatest hits album came out.

Just now, Rico_Pliskin said:

Don't know, I think it's a concert in Cork. 

May just end up being Westlife :(

But could be Paul McCartney for all we know. 

I don't think Westlife are that big, are they? I might be seeing them in Hyde park this Sunday actually, but they aren't headlining.

Surely it'll be someone big if they're having a conference just to announce it though? 

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I don't think Westlife are that big, are they? I might be seeing them in Hyde park this Sunday actually, but they aren't headlining.

Surely it'll be someone big if they're having a conference just to announce it though? 

What we have to remember is that they had a big press conference for when westlife played croke Park. 

Also that its possibly a Cork gig so anybody better than average would be a be a major deal for Cork. 

We did recently get a double header of Bob Dylan and Neil Young for killarney which is smaller than Cork. Anything is possible really. 

19 hours ago, Mardy said:

Hmmm, dunno what to do about this Bon Iver tour, was pondering Berlin, but it's a Sunday night, and still an arena. Think I'll wait. Saw him twice last time round (Primavera & Hammersmith), would be delighted if he plays Glastonbury next year

The stage production requires an arena, thats why the tour is all indoors. So you probably wouldnt get a proper show at glasto if its lacking certain stage elements.

18 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

How young is the 'young crowd'? 30 year olds at Glasto 2020 were in primary school during Craig David's heyday. 20 year olds were 8 when his greatest hits album came out.

It doesn't matter, he's had a massive resurgence, went away slightly again and then has reignited lol. All youngsters now are into him, he's the in thing now, doesn't matter if you weren't around to know him before, by that logic I was only 13 in 99 so anything from the 80s/early 90s is irrelevant to me.

Ibiza Rocks book him a residency every year because he does well and Glastonbury have many from all ages.