Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Found The Beths highly enjoyable at Green Man and the Manchester gig, and I find them to have very very endearing stage patter. Whoever that is with Superman avatar is clearly is a curmudgeon, doesn't even like Jarvis' guy who used to do loads of drugs meaningless rambling in a Sheffield accent... O my god it's The Nal!

Gonna be back at EotR after not being there this year. Bring on Joanna Newsom!

7 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Few updates to the Peaky Blinders festival, as we were discussing it here before. They've announced the BBC Introducing stage with quite a few Brum bands on it. Quite a stretch for JAWS to be 'introduced' haha.

Frank Carter is the headline act for the sunday. On above Slaves, which is interesting given the latter are the bigger act, having bookended Frank's one big Institute gig with seperate gigs of their own at the twice-as-large Academy. Below Primal Scream on the saturday is still 'very special guest' who is apparently a friend of the show. £67 a day though, seems steep.

I don't know if Slaves are bigger than Frank Carter now in wider circles. The Rattlesnakes had a prominent slot at Leeds, BBC coverage and Frank Carter has become pretty prominent in promoting safer gigs. I'd probably place them at least on a level.

Edited by vintagelaureate

28 minutes ago, Odessa said:

They've actually been inexplicably small over here for years. Great band with a pretty consistent back catalogue and a brilliant live show. The Belgians know what they're doing.

I'm not their biggest fan but am surprised at how much disdain is aimed at them.

I second the live show opinion even if I disagree with their consistency. 

OK I'll bite;

Is their music as pointlessly banal as another post slating a band that is seen as unpopular with the efests judgemental clique where opinion is expressed as fact?

They have at least one fan on this forum in @Odessa and they fill arenas as previously mentioned. Surely that provides some sort of 'point'. 

The whole glory of art in any form is that it's subjective, and everyone has the right to like what they like and dislike what they dislike, discussing that is what brings us together, but telling someone (I assume) you don't know that what they like is wrong through the medium of a computer screen isn't that dissimilar to telling people they are mugs for paying for tickets, taking tents home or allowing grime at Glastonbury or whatever else is the new troll medium of choice.

2 hours ago, Odessa said:

They've actually been inexplicably small over here for years. Great band with a pretty consistent back catalogue and a brilliant live show. The Belgians know what they're doing.

I’ve never really minded them, their first album was pretty decent. Can’t say I’ve really thought about them for the last decade or so though.

14 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

OK I'll bite;

Is their music as pointlessly banal as another post slating a band that is seen as unpopular with the efests judgemental clique where opinion is expressed as fact?

They have at least one fan on this forum in @Odessa and they fill arenas as previously mentioned. Surely that provides some sort of 'point'. 

The whole glory of art in any form is that it's subjective, and everyone has the right to like what they like and dislike what they dislike, discussing that is what brings us together, but telling someone (I assume) you don't know that what they like is wrong through the medium of a computer screen isn't that dissimilar to telling people they are mugs for paying for tickets, taking tents home or allowing grime at Glastonbury or whatever else is the new troll medium of choice.

absolutely ... not my cup of tea but I know they have been a great help with the start of october drifts career in the music industry and the european tour with them had several sell outs . so people do like them just maybe not people on these forums so much ... pointlessly banal ?! :( 

46 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

OK I'll bite;

They have relatively very little disdain towards them. They don’t evoke a strong enough reaction for that. I have no idea how you’ve taken this one so badly.

Whoops! I bought a ticket to Metronomy in Manchester on Saturday November 9th, when I'm already seeing Tallest Man On Earth that night!

Could someone help me out and buy my Metronomy ticket off me? Many thank.

Edited by Simpo

On 9/5/2019 at 2:36 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've got a friend that describes Editors as  "just a poor man's Interpol, and they're just a poor man's Joy Division". Not sure how accurate that is.

I use exact same theory, but swapping Editors for White Lies and Interpol for Editors. Happy to add a fourth layer to this.

49 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Nice, gonna see if I can get someone to cover my shift at work...

What venues do you reckon they'll be playing once they're doing a proper tour? Academies? Arenas?

Academies with a big one somewhere like Ally Pally would be my guess.

Would like to go to Oslo on Monday but have a shitload of stuff in the pipeline and am burning through my permissions.