Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

The Beths were proper good again tonight, cant recommend catching them highly enough at EOTR or on tour.

If you do see them at their own gig instead of EOTR  make sure you're there for the support act. Three piece  called Peaness, really lovely harmonies and tunes, really worth seeing

• Like 1

Just now, Quark said:

The Beths were proper good again tonight, cant recommend catching them highly enough at EOTR or on tour.

If you do see them at their own gig instead of EOTR  make sure you're there for the support act. Three piece  called Peaness, really lovely harmonies and tunes, really worth seeing

Second both sentiments, caught them last night and both bands were on top form.

2 minutes ago, evannn said:

Second both sentiments, caught them last night and both bands were on top form.

Good stuff! One of the things I love about The Beths is that I wouldn't exactly say they've got great stage presence as such, but there's something about them that's just really endearing :)

8 hours ago, Quark said:

One of the dudes I'm going to the Manchester gig with is mates with Peaness. There's a chance I will meet them, how do I be cool? What do I do with my hands? Just hanging down there by my sides like Woody? Very stressful.

10 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

One of the dudes I'm going to the Manchester gig with is mates with Peaness. There's a chance I will meet them, how do I be cool? What do I do with my hands? Just hanging down there by my sides like Woody? Very stressful.

Play it cool Lawn, play it cool. Just be you, but maybe with the TayTay fanboy thing dialled down to a 7 ;)

I didn't hang around to meet after the gig as I like my sleep, but they seem lovely on stage. Enjoy my man!

4 hours ago, GrowlerPhil said:

I saw Frankie and the witch fingers in Brum last night and they were absolutely amazing. If you're in or around London they're playing The Moth Club tonight. I can't recommend enough. Superb stuff! 

So gutted they've not come north and I've not been able to get down south, ZAM is a record and a half.

On 8/30/2019 at 7:15 AM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

How was the gig Lawn?

Few updates to the Peaky Blinders festival, as we were discussing it here before. They've announced the BBC Introducing stage with quite a few Brum bands on it. Quite a stretch for JAWS to be 'introduced' haha.

Frank Carter is the headline act for the sunday. On above Slaves, which is interesting given the latter are the bigger act, having bookended Frank's one big Institute gig with seperate gigs of their own at the twice-as-large Academy. Below Primal Scream on the saturday is still 'very special guest' who is apparently a friend of the show. £67 a day though, seems steep.

4 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Few updates to the Peaky Blinders festival, as we were discussing it here before. They've announced the BBC Introducing stage with quite a few Brum bands on it. Quite a stretch for JAWS to be 'introduced' haha.

Frank Carter is the headline act for the sunday. On above Slaves, which is interesting given the latter are the bigger act, having bookended Frank's one big Institute gig with seperate gigs of their own at the twice-as-large Academy. Below Primal Scream on the saturday is still 'very special guest' who is apparently a friend of the show. £67 a day though, seems steep.

70 quid to stand in a Digbeth car park watching Primal Scream while some c**t in a flat cap acts at you.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Have to say having initially liked the Beths album I thought they were weak as pish live at EOTR. Without the production some of the songs sound like they're off American PIe soundtrack and the guitar players Les Paul was as underused as Anne Franks drumkit. 

Ah that's unfortunate.  I've only seen them in little little venues so far, so no idea how well they'd transfer to a more open stage. Oh well.

2 hours ago, GrowlerPhil said:

I think the campaign to get them on the farm next year starts now. Bought Zam last night and they signed it for me. Great lads! 

I'll be on the front lines of that campaign, been lobbying for more fuzzy-garage-psych on the farm for years, only really had king gizzy from that crowd.

25 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ah that's unfortunate.  I've only seen them in little little venues so far, so no idea how well they'd transfer to a more open stage. Oh well.

Enjoyed parts of it and they've a couple of tunes but maybe the Les Paul put me off! If theres a Les Paul on stage I expect some serious shredding.

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Enjoyed parts of it and they've a couple of tunes but maybe the Les Paul put me off! If theres a Les Paul on stage I expect some serious shredding.

It also doesn't help that he looks like someone, not to put too fine a point on it, that you wouldn't hire as a babysitter :D

1 hour ago, Quark said:

It also doesn't help that he looks like someone, not to put too fine a point on it, that you wouldn't hire as a babysitter :D

hehehe, yeah, that was also commented on by us. I enjoyed their EOTR main stage set well enough, although they're desperately in need of some charisma and decent stage patter. But I lost interest later that night during the secret set, and knocked it on the head after about 4 songs

1 hour ago, Quark said:

11 minutes ago, Mardy said:

hehehe, yeah, that was also commented on by us. I enjoyed their EOTR main stage set well enough, although they're desperately in need of some charisma and decent stage patter. But I lost interest later that night during the secret set, and knocked it on the head after about 4 songs

Thing about EOTR is that you get bands who have only played clubs up until that point on big stages for the first time. Its great exposure for them and great for new music but sometimes the bands are swamped by the size which was the case here for me.

Not bashing them, they've one album out but a bit more stage bantz (which will come), drop the paedo Jeffrey Dahmer look and cane the fucking Les Paul and they'll kick on.

Id rather their new band type bantz ("Heya we're The Beits") than Jarvis waffling on like hes talking to a room of 3 year olds.

"Its not changing, its ok to evolve..... Do you agree?"

Fuck off Jarvis.

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Not bashing them, they've one album out but a bit more stage bantz (which will come), drop the paedo Jeffrey Dahmer look and cane the fucking Les Paul and they'll kick on.

:lol:

That's the bunny, knew it but couldn't place it!

The stage patter thing's interesting.  In a tiny club set it's endearing, but I can see it would get lost on a bigger stage.