Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not here but I'm pretty shocked at Slowthai pulling out of the Liam Gallagher arena tour support gig to support the Brockhampton US tour. Obviously cracking America's a big deal but I woulda thought that the LG dates would've been more valuable exposure (and better pay).

I suppose his star is already on the rise over here. He’s getting good press from his album and his live shows are in demand, he probably doesn’t need the limited exposure that’ll come from playing to a few thousand LG fans who have turned up early.

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not here but I'm pretty shocked at Slowthai pulling out of the Liam Gallagher arena tour support gig to support the Brockhampton US tour. Obviously cracking America's a big deal but I woulda thought that the LG dates would've been more valuable exposure (and better pay).

I would've thought a hip hop loving crowd who are aware of him due to his feature on their new album would be more appreciative than the few wellends who actually bother to show up and see him at the LG gigs. The American exposure will've been a big part in it as well I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Were they surprised to learn Gene still existed too?

Ha. No, I think the split was quite acrimonious so a reunion was always unlikely, even moreso now. I think they were just surprised he had planned a gig playing all the old songs, with a different band backing him, without telling any of the original lineup of this.  They accused him of money-grabbing karaoke.

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I sorted Frank Carter tickets. 

Manchester pre sale still available.

Spotify pre sale still has Ally Pally available too. 

Manchester tickets for me too this morning thanks to a strategically timed break on the training course I'm on! ?

• Like 1

Just now, zeppelin said:

Can anyone recommend these or otherwise? I know the name and think I've heard a song but have been given mixed reviews before. 

I was obsessed with a couple of their songs briefly, but then the album dropped and all the songs sounded the same so I cooled off a lot.  

I'm going to go to the Bristol gig though. 

43 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Can anyone recommend these or otherwise? I know the name and think I've heard a song but have been given mixed reviews before. 

I saw them at Primavera a couple of years ago and thought they were incredibly boring live. I'm not a big fan of them on record though so I guess if you like them then you'd probably be more into it. I don't think it helped that they were on after Let's Eat Grandma who were loads of fun.

2 hours ago, uscore said:

I was obsessed with a couple of their songs briefly, but then the album dropped and all the songs sounded the same so I cooled off a lot.  

I'm going to go to the Bristol gig though. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I heard a lot of buzz and gave the album a listen but decided it wasn’t for me. Found it all a bit samey.

Cheers, this is basically the impression I'd been given before. I might give an album a listen but I think I'll come to a similar conclusion. 

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I saw them at Primavera a couple of years ago and thought they were incredibly boring live. I'm not a big fan of them on record though so I guess if you like them then you'd probably be more into it. I don't think it helped that they were on after Let's Eat Grandma who were loads of fun.

Given the above statements I can imagine their live show might suffer. It's a shame, some people seem to rave about them.