Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

44 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Is ‘legitimate’ a Peaky Blinders reference or just setting it apart from all the bogus Peaky Blinders festivals you get nowadays?

It’s to confirm its status as officially sanctioned.

The price tag is also a dead giveaway.

Edited by Hugh Jass

47 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Currently have zero gigs booked for the rest of the year so trying to decide what to shell out for in the coming weeks. Thinking of: Modern Nature, Local Natives, Ezra Furman, Mystery Jets and The Correspondents. But I think I need to drop one or two for cash saving reasons but not sure who to cull.

Got The Beths and The Skints/Bedouin Soundclash booked. 

Trying to decide how to split the available cash between PP Arnold, Spector, She Drew The Gun, Mystery Jets, My Baby, Stealing Sheep and Teskey Brothers. Decisions!

22 minutes ago, baggie92 said:

Speaking of extortionate ticket prices, £65 with fees for standing Lana Del Rey in Brum!! 

Isn't that about the going rate for an arena gig?

It's certainly not as bad as paying 75 quid to watch Primal Scream while some drama school dropout in a flat cap acts at you.

Edited by Hugh Jass

Hi guys, my gig schedule is looking a little thin currently. In fact the only thing I have coming up is Wolf Alice at the Pilton Party and then nothing I fancy locally/that I can justify spending money on until January! (Well bar Slade doing a Christmas Tour that I'm secretly pretty excited for).

But that's all too far away so anyone got any recommendations for stuff around the Bristol/Bath/Glastonbury area? Also hoping for fairly cheap (£15 tops) so if anyone fits that criteria I'd love to know!

@crazyfool1 I would see October Drift again as they smashed it last time out but unfortunately I can't do Tuesday or Thursday evenings.

Last few bands I saw just to give you an idea of what sort of music I'm into: 

The National, You Me at Six, Giant Rooks, Lanco, Ten Fe, October Drift, The Goo Goo Dolls, The White Buffalo, DMAs.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

2 minutes ago, Display-Name said:

Hi guys, my gig schedule is looking a little thin currently. In fact the only thing I have coming up is Wolf Alice at the Pilton Party and then nothing I fancy locally/that I can justify spending money on until January! (Well bar Slade doing a Christmas Tour that I'm secretly pretty excited for).

But that's all too far away so anyone got any recommendations for stuff around the Bristol/Bath/Glastonbury area? Also hoping for fairly cheap (£15 tops) so if anyone fits that criteria I'd love to know!

@crazyfool1 I would see October Drift again as they smashed it last time out but unfortunately I can't do Tuesday or Thursday evenings.

The National, You Me at Six, Giant Rooks, Lanco, Ten Fe, October Drift, The Goo Goo Dolls, The White Buffalo, DMAs.

I'm seeing them 29th sept (sun) in the cavern in exeter ... hopefully :) 

3 hours ago, Display-Name said:

Have you tried using the search function on eGigs? You can search by town and it lists out the majority of venues in the area, and most of the gigs available (Neil's said before that some slip through the net so not 100%, but you'll get most)

That's generally how I do my gig calendar, have a look at the venues in Brighton over the next few months and see what's what.

Plus buying tickets through there gets this place some commission :)

EDIT obviously you can also search by band name, and I think there's a section in there somewhere of current / upcoming tours

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Display-Name said:

These lads are playing Moles Club in Bath Fri 25th Oct, £10 a ticket. Saw them support Magic Gang last year, and prob going to see them do their own show in Brighton on this tour. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Quark said:

Have you tried using the search function on eGigs? You can search by town and it lists out the majority of venues in the area, and most of the gigs available (Neil's said before that some slip through the net so not 100%, but you'll get most)

That's generally how I do my gig calendar, have a look at the venues in Brighton over the next few months and see what's what.

Plus buying tickets through there gets this place some commission :)

EDIT obviously you can also search by band name, and I think there's a section in there somewhere of current / upcoming tours

No I haven't I'll have a look. Thanks for pointing that out!

@Quark Thanks for the heads up, I like them so far so I'll give them a proper listen later. Cheers everyone!

Foo fighters in Dublin next week then Frank Turner at Brudenell in Leeds for an album launch (Free tickets for the price of a CD). Just about to bung some Frank Turner tickets on Twickets for Cottingham - my son bought me a ticket for my birthday and I'm still in Dublin, and Manchester in November. My OH booked a surprise few days away not realising I already had gig tickets.

Think the only stuff I've got booked is Johnny Lloyd at Hyde Park Book Club (awesome venue) and The Struts

... and an evening drooling over Ant Middleton ??

14 hours ago, Display-Name said:

No I haven't I'll have a look. Thanks for pointing that out!

@Quark Thanks for the heads up, I like them so far so I'll give them a proper listen later. Cheers everyone!

No worries. Twitter's just told me that Palace are playing Anson Rooms in Bristol in Nov, new album's worth a listen 

Got Alex Cameron and Black Country, New Road in September; Bill Callahan, Slowthai, Hot Chip, Friendly Fires and Charli XCX in October; Bombay, Vampire Weekend and PUP in November, and The National in December

Fully expecting a good five of these to be year-transforming shows for me

Got this at the end of the month, only £30 for the day, loads of bands and even though I've not heard of most of them prior to getting a ticket, Spotify investigations have revealed plenty I should enjoy. 

Nothing ever happens in Wirral so hopefully it could be the start of something, sold out yesterday. Looking forward to seeing Red Rum Club and Dream Wife again who both delivered excellent Glastonbury sets this year. 

Screenshot_20190811-122814_Twitter.thumb.jpg.a23c4a4c6d487b1b2dc040ffb8b72876.jpg

*Waits for first eFests forum approved dig at Miles Kane.

43 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Got this at the end of the month, only £30 for the day, loads of bands and even though I've not heard of most of them prior to getting a ticket, Spotify investigations have revealed plenty I should enjoy. 

Nothing ever happens in Wirral so hopefully it could be the start of something, sold out yesterday. Looking forward to seeing Red Rum Club and Dream Wife again who both delivered excellent Glastonbury sets this year. 

Screenshot_20190811-122814_Twitter.thumb.jpg.a23c4a4c6d487b1b2dc040ffb8b72876.jpg

Some of those food stalls are bands.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Shame. I was looking forward to purchasing some average sex. I've heard the buzzard and kangaroo are good too.

Always thought average sex overrated.

Watched the Mysterines last night supporting Royal Blood (birthday treat for henry jnr). Pretty good I thought, and still in their teens I believe. Worth a look.

3 hours ago, henry bear said:

Watched the Mysterines last night supporting Royal Blood (birthday treat for henry jnr). Pretty good I thought, and still in their teens I believe. Worth a look.

Cheers, they're one of the standouts from the Spotify playlist I've made. Hoping to catch them.

19 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

A friend of mine is playing that festival - Marvin Powell.