Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I just saw the Stephen Knight interview where he announced it. He mentioned that The Streets are playing so there's your very special secret set.

Got an email saying Mike Skinner is doing a DJ set at it, so maybe not? (Don't know if it makes it more likely or not to be honest)

Edited by aidenlangan95

1 minute ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Got an email saying Mike Skinner is doing a DJ set at it, so maybe not? (Don't know if it makes it more likely or not to be honest)

He did say 'Mike Skinner and The Streets'. Mentioning the Streets would be naughty if it was just Mike Skinner dj'ing. Plus, that places him there and it makes a lot of sense given local link so I'm pretty confident it's them.

19 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

He did say 'Mike Skinner and The Streets'. Mentioning the Streets would be naughty if it was just Mike Skinner dj'ing. Plus, that places him there and it makes a lot of sense given local link so I'm pretty confident it's them.

BBC's article says "The line-up for the five music stages includes Mike Skinner aka The Streets" which makes things even more confusing.

7 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Pesky Blinders has the same issue as Sons of Anarchy where it feels like the showrunner is just going ‘Look how cool my music taste is!!’

Get what you mean, but is it an issue? I mean, the reasoning might be iffy but if it means the music's good then that's ok, right?

Also, I shall now only ever refer to it as pesky blinders.  Possibly while shaking my fist in the air :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Jeez, I have always thought Bjork average at best. Can she really command those prices? 

I could maybe understand if it was a smaller venue such as Royal Festival Hall or Royal Albert Hall or whatever. But those prices for an arena, where you'll likely be far far away from the stage? Too much. She's a damn sellout

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I could maybe understand if it was a smaller venue such as Royal Festival Hall or Royal Albert Hall or whatever. But those prices for an arena, where you'll likely be far far away from the stage? Too much. She's a damn sellout

It doesn't look like a show where you miss out by being far away from the stage.

04-bjork-cornucopia-set-designer-chiara-