Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, Henrik said:

Quite fancy Amsterdam for this.

slipknot.jpg

Saw them in 2015 with KoRn as support for like £40 which I thought was a bargain. Somehow don’t think they’ll be nearly as cheap or be supported by anybody nearly as established/worth the £££ this time so reckon I’ll pass.

2 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Hot Chip have announed a new Manchester date on 25th... a little frustrating as I bought London tickets for Oct 26th earlier in the week! Bah, nevermind! 

Was in the process of umming and ahhing over going to one of their other dates and then saw this. Weird that they held it back, but I’m glad I didn’t go for another venue. Sometimes it pays off having no money.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Saw them in 2015 with KoRn as support for like £40 which I thought was a bargain. Somehow don’t think they’ll be nearly as cheap or be supported by anybody nearly as established/worth the £££ this time so reckon I’ll pass.

Was in the process of umming and ahhing over going to one of their other dates and then saw this. Weird that they held it back, but I’m glad I didn’t go for another venue. Sometimes it pays off having no money.

I then proceeded to tie it into a long weekend, the post-Hot Chip part in the form of a couple of days away as a present for the girlfriend's birthday (Paris for a couple of days). I did this to accomodate Hot Chip in London. I just wanted to see Hot Chip, it wasn't supposed to pan out that way, but gave us an excuse to be in London.

Now I have no money.

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Weird that they held it back, but I’m glad I didn’t go for another venue.

It's due to Blue Dot. Similarly their Ally Pally date was held back until after APE. 

Fortunately someone on here (can't remember who) had posted the "missing" dates when the initial ones were announced so I held off. Will be picking up tickets on Tuesday. 

3 hours ago, zeppelin said:

It's due to Blue Dot. Similarly their Ally Pally date was held back until after APE. 

Fortunately someone on here (can't remember who) had posted the "missing" dates when the initial ones were announced so I held off. Will be picking up tickets on Tuesday. 

Thanks for the additional info. Must have missed that earlier post. Nevermind, Ally Pally has usually delivered for a venue so am sure it will be a great gig regardless!

15 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I'm in New York, New York for a few days end of October. Looking at potential gigs, Maribou State are playing during our time there. Can anyone vouch for them being a decent pick?

Maribou State were in my top 3 for the weekend at Glastonbury. Desperate to see them again! 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I'm in New York, New York for a few days end of October. Looking at potential gigs, Maribou State are playing during our time there. Can anyone vouch for them being a decent pick?

I watched them and thought they were alright without being amazing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Maribou State were in my top 3 for the weekend at Glastonbury. Desperate to see them again! 

One for ?

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

I watched them and thought they were alright without being amazing.

One neutral ?

Probably gonna take a chance I think and see how it goes!

22 hours ago, dentalplan said:

My bad. Just had a look and they did just that. Was gonna say it must have been all the quiet eFesters but Lawn gave them 2nd place.

It was bonkers paper gay. Shorter and punchier than their usual sets, but I don't think I've ever been filled with so much unbridled joy whilst watching a show. Perfect confluence of favourite band, great spot, wholesome atmosphere, residual buzz from Ibibio Sound Machine tearing it up right before, and the half a litre of rum I chugged before the came on stage. 

Might hit up the Barrowlands, never been before but one of my sisters lives in Glasgow so now is the time.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

What’s Ezra Furman like live? Considering going to see him but money is tight and I wasn’t sure what his live show would be like?

When I’ve seen him at his own shows he’s played for well over 2 hours. If that’s suits you then great, but personally I get a bit bored after that long. He’s good and raw though.

1 hour ago, The Clearest Blue said:

What’s Ezra Furman like live? Considering going to see him but money is tight and I wasn’t sure what his live show would be like?

He's ace, and he didnt play 2 hours when I went to see him, which was last year in Newcastle. First solo gig and felt fully justified taking the risk. His recent output hasn't matched previous but he's still a good watch. Not shy of a cover as well.