Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 7/10/2019 at 12:43 PM, fresh-knee said:

Ticket prices
Firezone (Golden Circle Standing) - £93.50
General Standing £73.50
Seating £63.50 to £83.50

On sale Friday 12 July @ 10am

Not my scene but £73.50 to stand is taking the fucking piss. This has literally become the norm now. Arena's have to be the worst gig environment ever and they cost an absolutely obscene amount all for the privilege of an echoing hall with awful room acoustics and shite atmosphere.

On 7/10/2019 at 4:23 PM, aidenlangan95 said:

And Milton Keynes for their only stadium gig for this year.

Odd venue choices but fair play for not doing the standard London + Manchester deal.

Probably the gigs with less capacity and lower prices, London would be dearer and Wembley would be a stretch. £85 Coventry is more £95 in London.

21 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Would be all over this if I wasn't 400 miles from Glasgow. Cracking lineup.

FB_IMG_1563206924375.jpg

I love the Barrowlands, though the surrounding venues bit is concerning, as the area it's in is a dump.

Any bands you recommend from the lineup? I'm a bit out of touch with new music, but could be tempted by this.

On 7/15/2019 at 5:10 PM, JSmurphy said:

Would be all over this if I wasn't 400 miles from Glasgow. Cracking lineup.

FB_IMG_1563206924375.jpg

This looks so cool!!

A month or so in, and Glasgow is ace ? I loved Sheffield, but Glasgow definitely bats it out of the park in terms of musical offerings 

46 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

This looks so cool!!

A month or so in, and Glasgow is ace ? I loved Sheffield, but Glasgow definitely bats it out of the park in terms of musical offerings 

Yeah been here 11 years now and it’s one of the best things about the place. I like the place a lot generally but the music scene is a big plus.

7 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

Any bands you recommend from the lineup? I'm a bit out of touch with new music, but could be tempted by this.

Top three lines are all quality. Then Squid and OK Button are some standouts for me beneath that!

Dream Wife, Calva Louise, and The Mysterines off that poster are all excellent. I expect the Mysterines to go far (at least Wolf Alice level) based on a few different factors.

Kid Kapichi are good. Magic Gang and Zuzu are alright

On record I like Fatherson, APRE and Sea Girls, but I dunno how they are live.

19 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

I love the Barrowlands, though the surrounding venues bit is concerning, as the area it's in is a dump.

Magic Gang is the only one there I can comment on live.  I think they're really good and they really seem to have a blast being on stage, but they do have a big following in the younger market.  That's no bad thing in itself, and it meant there was loads of energy in the crowd when I saw them in a sweaty venue in Brighton, but the downside is a load of 18 year olds who think a band deserves a circle pit just because they've got guitars in.

So if you don't mind the cast of the Inbetweeners smashed on cider and thinking they're watching Pantera, go for it!  It's quite good fun to occasionally bounce one of them off into the distance when they get a bit over-boisterous :lol:

Just now, finn_with_1_n said:

Bit of a strange selection for the first UK tour since reuniting but very excited for that Roundhouse gig

One of my sets of Glastonbury but don't think I'll be able to make any of these :(

Highly recommend anyone to go though. 

4 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

One of my sets of Glastonbury but don't think I'll be able to make any of these :(

Highly recommend anyone to go though. 

Absolutely. Ran straight after Vampire Weekend's set to catch the last 20/25 minutes and I had more fun in that short time than at most of the sets at the festival. The new songs are sounding very promising as well