Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Anyone got into the Primal Scream presale? Swear I signed up to it but I checked and there's no emails or text messages from them or anything...

I had an email just after 8 this morning. Do you want the link? 

Just now, baggie92 said:

I had an email just after 8 this morning. Do you want the link? 

Managed to get one sorted, but thanks. Got a ticket for Barrowland!

Last gig of 2017 was The Prodigy, 2018 it was Paul McCartney, this year it'll probably be Primal Scream. Seems like a pattern is starting to developing, so crossing my fingers for Pulp 2020!

Ezra Furman doing 4 UK gigs in November, cannot find a poster, but playing 11th Glasgow QMU, 12th Manchester Albert Hall, 13th Bristol O2 Academy and 14th London O2 Kentish Town. Tickets on sale tomorrow, O2 presale already open.

8 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

New UK muse dates coming tomorrow 

Screenshot_20190609-104312_Facebook.jpg

They were excellent last night in Manc! Was pretty underwhelmed by their last Glastonbury set, but was relieved that their own shows are still as enjoyable and crazy as ever. Went with a group of mates who were all up for it, and we were jumping about like it was 2006.

Tom Morello was surprisingly good too. Didn't know what to expect from a solo show, but it was a great choice for a warm-up act. The Rage/Audioslave medley obviously went down really well with the crowd.

42 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

They were excellent last night in Manc! Was pretty underwhelmed by their last Glastonbury set, but was relieved that their own shows are still as enjoyable and crazy as ever. Went with a group of mates who were all up for it, and we were jumping about like it was 2006.

Exactly the same - was such a great set. I loved the rock medley in the encore!

Only criticism of UK stadium gigs is the first hour and a bit being in daylight, you don't get the full effect of the show which is a shame. Much much better than the 2013 show for atmosphere, people were singing from the start this time. 

Very interested in what these additional dates are all about - they didnt sell out these stadiums so I can't imagine anything too big. I'm hoping some kind of older song focused show but that might be wishful thinking. 

11 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

Tom Morello was surprisingly good too. Didn't know what to expect from a solo show, but it was a great choice for a warm-up act. The Rage/Audioslave medley obviously went down really well with the crowd.

I was meant to go last night but had to sell my ticket. I couldn't afford a hotel but booked with big green coach as they do return travel.

3 weeks before the gig I got an email saying the coach was cancelled and I would be refunded. Cheapest hotel in Manchester at that point was £230. With Glastonbury coming up I just couldn't justify it so will never use big green coach again

Hope muse do a north east date as none since 2006 but think its unlikely 

I'm gonna assume Muse's UK show announcement today is November/December time and it may well be 20th anniversary Showbiz shows as they promised us a boxset-type release of old demos/remasters etc. to celebrate Showbiz + Origin of Symmetry.

Buzzing nonetheless, the show in Manchester on Saturday was unreal.

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Pass.

I live in hope of a tour consisting of songs from Showbiz, OOS, and Absolution. I do see why they might be resistant, they are selling out stadiums with their new material after all. 

Any excuse to mention it but I was at Shepherd's Bush to see this: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2017/o2-shepherds-bush-empire-london-england-7be55664.html.

One of the best gigs I've ever been to, would pay serious money to see something like it again. 

Edited by JSmurphy

2 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

I was meant to go last night but had to sell my ticket. I couldn't afford a hotel but booked with big green coach as they do return travel.

3 weeks before the gig I got an email saying the coach was cancelled and I would be refunded. Cheapest hotel in Manchester at that point was £230. With Glastonbury coming up I just couldn't justify it so will never use big green coach again

Hope muse do a north east date as none since 2006 but think its unlikely 

I've used Big Green Coach to get to day festivals a few times, but learning they'll cancel their buses if they've not sold many seats makes me sick.

18 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

I've used Big Green Coach to get to day festivals a few times, but learning they'll cancel their buses if they've not sold many seats makes me sick.

It is in the terms and conditions apparently. I live in Sunderland and the nearest I was offered was Leeds/York.

I'm hardly in a position to recommend them with my experience

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

The Futureheads are doing a 15 years of Futureheads tour in Nov/Dec playing their first album in full along and other stuff. Weird move as they're releasing a new album in August, I'll probably attend though, I've missed them.

Have a ticket for the show in August, handy when I live 5 minutes away from the venue