Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Xeph1995 said:

Hope the pumpkins are on the line up somewhere, would love to being seeing two weeks apart

I wasn’t expecting them as there was a month gap in their dates but I noticed they got added for Open’er festival the week after Glastonbury, so maybe they are in with a shout. They’d be a great option for the Friday Pyramid rock act.

13 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I wasn’t expecting them as there was a month gap in their dates but I noticed they got added for Open’er festival the week after Glastonbury, so maybe they are in with a shout. They’d be a great option for the Friday Pyramid rock act.

good call on that Friday rock slot. I was hoping it was Raconteurs, but perhaps the Pumpkins more likely. Would be good to have them since '13 was really more of a Corgan & friends gig, and you missed most of it unless you dashed over at full walking speed after Nick Cave 

with today's sad news, coincidental to point out that Smashing Pumpkins were the band subbing Prodigy on their headlining year. 

15 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Didn't we have info saying they would have a few weeks in between the two legs of their European tour? Dunno about being a Download exclusive? Think they don't see themselves much lower than sub?

37 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Not sure how likely this is what with them supposedly having a gap between legs of their tour (does this show put an end to that? I haven't been keeping up) but if it isn't Iggy in that slot this year then the Pumpkins are the only substitute. Not an exclusive at Download and as far as I know there really isn't anywhere else for them to pop up, so maybe.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Not sure how likely this is what with them supposedly having a gap between legs of their tour (does this show put an end to that? I haven't been keeping up

That’s what @kingcrawler is suggesting but I think they’re still keeping Glastonbury weekend off. They’d be at Rock Werchter if they were playing gigs that weekend, for sure.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

That’s what @kingcrawler is suggesting but I think they’re still keeping Glastonbury weekend off. They’d be at Rock Werchter if they were playing gigs that weekend, for sure.

They have a gig in Belgium though so they could well be doing that instead. To be honest I'm not really expecting them for the reasons mentioned, just thought it was worth mentioning the Open'er news. I've got no idea who it will be though as I don't think it'll be Iggy Pop, I noticed he's playing 4 dates in Australia this month and none are on consecutive days, even when they're at the same venue. 

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The Flaming Lips playing O2 Brixton Academy on 7th September, performing The Soft Bulletin

With orchestral accompaniment! It's £48 before fees. Think I'll wait until nearer the time and try to get cheap tickets. They didn't sell out Brixton at their last show and that was £10 cheaper.

10 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

With orchestral accompaniment! It's £48 before fees. Think I'll wait until nearer the time and try to get cheap tickets. They didn't sell out Brixton at their last show and that was £10 cheaper.

Seems an odd choice of venue then tbh; you'd think they would have gone for the Apollo or RFH