Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

25 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Feeling pretty disappointed about this year, gig wise. I keep hoping for something good this year but it keeps letting me down. I saw so many amazing acts last year - started with the Stones and ended with Macca- but I feel like I'll never be able to top it :(

Swings and roundabouts innit? If this year’s no too great, next year probably will be. As it happens, there’s quite a lot on this year that I’m looking forward to. Shame none of them are Glasto bound :P

57 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Who are you seeing this year?  Any particular highlights for yourself?

Off the top of my head I’ve got Idles, Oh Sees, Nick Cave, Nick Mason and Elton John and no doubt more besides. If I enjoy any of them as much as I did Ronnie Spector a few weeks ago I’ll be happy. 

5 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Off the top of my head I’ve got Idles, Oh Sees, Nick Cave, Nick Mason and Elton John and no doubt more besides. If I enjoy any of them as much as I did Ronnie Spector a few weeks ago I’ll be happy. 

Nice, not too bad. Very jealous about Nick Cave; trying to get tickets that morning was a nightmare. I saw Nick Mason last year too and it was pretty great, but the day itself was terrible. So I think I'm gonna try seeing him again this  year

42 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Why 4th April, of all days!

That means in London now all on the same night I want to see Pigsx7, Idles, Julia Jacklin, Otha and now Hot Chip. Oh, and I already have tickets for Kokoko. Fucks sake.

Your chance to get in the Guinness Book of Records (if that’s still a thing).

According to the Metro, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes and Anna Calvi are joining The Great Escape line-up along others. After some digging, the only other name I can see confirmed is Injury Reserve

New acts include The Amazons, Little Simz, Mini Mansions, M Huncho, Pigs x7, Pixx, Kiran Leonard, Fur, Flamingods, Black Peaks and others

Edited by finn_with_1_n

Was looking at The Stranglers dates.... they finish up in the States at end of May, before playing in Wales at start of July.... got to be in with a shout, and possible Other Stage openers. Not a new announcement, so probably mentioned before, but I just noticed it.

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Was looking at The Stranglers dates.... they finish up in the States at end of May, before playing in Wales at start of July.... got to be in with a shout, and possible Other Stage openers. Not a new announcement, so probably mentioned before, but I just noticed it.

Potential Leftfield headliner?

Would have to see them, No More Heroes is my karaoke jam of choice.

2 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Always good live, although very much overlooked for Glasto - think it’s just once they’ve played?