Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

I wouldnt say guitar music is played out. Its no more played out than every current band playing synths and sounding exactly the same as each other. I give a blast to many new bands and they all have that exact same sound, if anything Id say at least Britpop was a bit more varried than the current scene of bands. 

Edited by chatty

21 hours ago, Mardy said:

Huge huge worrying  problem, in my opinion. Ig Glastonbury 1970 hadn't had T. Rex but Glenn Miller instead, whould it be what it is? Every musical movement, every vibrant piece of youth culture comes from people rejecting their parents music, not witlessly paying homage to it.

Remember reading something by Mark Fisher where he makes pretty much this point, that Kraftwerk should sound as ancient to us as music from the 30s did in the 70s.

In fact this interview from Crack from a few years back basically covers the same ground as this thread over the last couple of pages, Oasis retroism and all: https://crackmagazine.net/article/long-reads/mark-fisher-interviewed/ 

There’s room for everything isn’t there? Last night I was sat in whatever the NEC is called these days along with 20,000 chartered accountants watching Steely Dan. Elsewhere younger people were watching more contemporary acts do their thing. Next up for me is IDLES, and in 25 years time 40/50 somethings will be watching IDLES hoping they do stuff from their early days. It’s all just rock & roll innit?

31 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Not convinced by them, but happy to see what all the fuss is about.

Seems like a good approach.

24 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They are, and the idea that people think they are the new big thing to revolution the music sound of now worries me a little. Each to their own but I don't get it.

Not sure anyone thinks that.

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

I saw Catfish the other day, crowd was mostly sixth Formers and Students and all really into it. Say what you want about Vann and the lads but they do have a dedicated audience. 

I'll tell you what I love about Cartman and the Bobbleheads - they do have a dedicated audience.  They have that in common with Kim Jong Un.