Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

34 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh well, Stereolab aren't a Greenman festival exclusive, right? Surely they'll be at Glastonbury. John Peel headliner?

Seeing as they aren't headlining Green Man, I reckon they wouldn't headline a Glastonbury main stage, Green Man's headliners tend to translate as Park or West Holts headline sized acts.

Notwithstanding the odd anomaly like Peej, TWOD and Fleet Foxes.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

On 2/20/2019 at 6:57 PM, Mardy said:

Hahahaha. I really got to question people seeing the Happy Mondays in 2019. It’s the equivalent of going to see Freddie & The Dreamers in 1991

I grew up on the Mondays and Black Grape. They were the staple diet along with the other 2 bands that I never speak about. 

I have not seen the Mondays since V Fest about 10 years ago. I am due to see them but may hang on till the inevitable joint Mondays/Black Grape tour.

Will be interested to see what they are actually like as every time I have seen them, I was a flying with the fairies.

Edited by eastynh

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Aren't they? Its not like JPT tends to have huge names headlining. Plus surely this being a reunion tour gives them some extra points?

They're not huge names but bigger names than Stereolab, for sure. I think Ride must have caused a bigger splash when they returned and they only played early evening on the John Peel. Would anticipate maybe sub/third on the Park for Stereolab.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They're not huge names but bigger names than Stereolab, for sure. I think Ride must have caused a bigger splash when they returned and they only played early evening on the John Peel. Would anticipate maybe sub/third on the Park for Stereolab.

to be fair Ride's positioning seemed to surprise everyone who was making stage predictions

17 hours ago, eastynh said:

Will be interested to see what they are actually like as every time I have seen them, I was a flying with the fairies.

Saw them headline Godiva a few years back. Pretty good, and honestly way better than I expected, given they're not the sort of band that trades on their live reputation.

On 2/20/2019 at 6:57 PM, Mardy said:

Hahahaha. I really got to question people seeing the Happy Mondays in 2019. It’s the equivalent of going to see Freddie & The Dreamers in 1991

Aye, but they’re playing Dunfermline. We don’t get a lot up here. The alternatives around that time.... I checked..... were Les McKeowns Bay City Rollers, Jimmy Carr or the Red Hot Chilli Pipers. Beauty of the Alhambra is if it’s sh1te I can walk home in 5 minutes with my maracas and bucket hat.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I hear people are still watching Beethoven tribute acts. Losers.

Hahaha. Is that really the best you got? That’s your justification for the Monday’s being a going concern and charging money in 2019? Really?

On 2/20/2019 at 7:03 PM, fatyeti24 said:

I've loved that band, I really have.  And their little place in the pantheon is secured, but they've been trading on past victories for an awfully long time now.  I mean, fair fucks to 'em, but you can just imagine what a bucket-hatted, paunched-out sadfest those shows will be!

This is a very accurate and succinct description of my life.

4 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Aye, but they’re playing Dunfermline. We don’t get a lot up here. The alternatives around that time.... I checked..... were Les McKeowns Bay City Rollers, Jimmy Carr or the Red Hot Chilli Pipers. Beauty of the Alhambra is if it’s sh1te I can walk home in 5 minutes with my maracas and bucket hat.

Brother, I hear you but I live in Moscow, a place that makes Dunfermline (and your list) look like a thriving hub of contemporary culture. 

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ahh don’t do this Mardy. People like to be reminded of their younger days, and live music is a good escape route for it.

I know man, I know. Exactly why I deleted my post yesterday evening. I get it, I really do. I don’t agree with it, but I do understand it.