Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, MetaKate said:

Someone please tell me this doesnt mean Robyn wont be at glasto?

That's probably exactly what it means.

Although I'll leave a small note of optimism - it's not unprecedented that when other festivals claim an "exclusive", what they actually mean is "except Glastonbury, Big Weekend, and/or BBC Hyde Park" as they all don't seem to count for some reason.

I’m surprised she’s limiting playing to just one (boutique) festival. All sorts of reasons I know, but assuming she had been offered Glasto, that could have given her so much exposure.

it seems at the moment that we’re just getting bad news (Robyn, LDR, The Killers ?), hopefully we’ll get something soon.

Yeah it's weird, doesn't specify what about it is exclusive. Sort of implies exclusive performance, which it isn't. Also sort of implies festival exclusive, but you'd think if it was then they'd just say it instead of implying. I reckon she'll be at Glastonbury, not the end of the world if not tho because I got Alexandra Palace tickets.

8 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

'This year, Wilderness are very proud to welcome Robyn to headline our Mainstage for a UK exclusive.'

This is the wording from the website, surely Robyn could play a none headliner performance at Glastonbury as still be a 'UK exclusive' as a headliner at Wilderness?

press release simply says "UK festival exclusive".

It seems to me that there's a degree of flexibility around "exclusives" when it comes to Glasto. My theory is that a lot of fests don't regard Glasto as big a competitor as the rest of their peers due to the tickets selling so far in advance and the lineup being released so late. By the time tickets and lineups for places like Wilderness are released most people already know if they're going to Glasto or not and are either looking for an alternative or a second festival, so it doesn't matter as much if Glastonbury has an act they've got. Matters more that Wilderness has BBC over say, Truck for example, than Glastonbury.

Other benefit is that because GF releases its lineup so late they can get away with booking Robyn, leaving her off the initial poster and adding her in much later when it's unlikely to make too much difference to Wilderness anyway.

Just my thoughts, could be way off.