Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

I hope that they just announced the WG Thursday bands this year.   It's busy enough there as it is but just putting "Live Band" or "Special Guests" on the timetable seems to make it even busier.   People just flock there out of curiosity.   

It's rammed even for acts like Rat Boy.

Also - open up the sides of the tent on the Thursday.   It's chaos getting in and out of the back but if you can squeeze down the sides, there's actually lots of room near the front from where everyone just congregates at the entrance.   People can be quite reluctant to let you through, though.

11 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I was considering getting Interpol tickets this morning but I think I'll give it a miss since they're £50 before delivery. That makes Glastonbury seem good value for money never mind all the cheaper European festivals they'll be at.

£32 for Brighton on Wednesday night, I'm tempted considering I'm getting the coach from there Thursday morning. Will make a late call.

9 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I was considering getting Interpol tickets this morning but I think I'll give it a miss since they're £50 before delivery. That makes Glastonbury seem good value for money never mind all the cheaper European festivals they'll be at.

They’ll probably grab a couple of good supports from APE for that. Not that you won’t have chance to wait, I imagine.

I’m confident of a Glasto placing but there’s still every chance that they could end up at RW on the Friday and completely banjax Glastonbury plans.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They’ll probably grab a couple of good supports from APE for that. Not that you won’t have chance to wait, I imagine.

I’m confident of a Glasto placing but there’s still every chance that they could end up at RW on the Friday and completely banjax Glastonbury plans.

Yeah I don't see it selling out, the only time I've seen them is when they did that NME Awards tour and that was because they ended up giving away free tickets in a competition so I'm not sure how big a deal they are in Scotland, I suppose they were pretty high up at TRNSMT last year.

They did a similar thing for Belle & Sebastian at the same venue last summer, did a competition for 5 pairs of free tickets but everyone who entered got tickets. I don't see Interpol selling as badly as that but given the price I'm hoping for something similar.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I don't see it selling out, the only time I've seen them is when they did that NME Awards tour and that was because they ended up giving away free tickets in a competition so I'm not sure how big a deal they are in Scotland, I suppose they were pretty high up at TRNSMT last year.

Saw a few people in the Trnsmt thread commenting on how few people were there though.