Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Bloc Party have been announced to play a gig in Bristol over the Glasto weekend. It’s a series of 4 gigs and in 2017 2 out of 4 headline bands played Glasto too, so I guess there is a good chance they will too. Not my cup of tea but there we go... It’ll be interesting to see who the other 3 are. They should be announced in the next week or so.

12 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Bloc Party have been announced to play a gig in Bristol over the Glasto weekend. It’s a series of 4 gigs and in 2017 2 out of 4 headline bands played Glasto too, so I guess there is a good chance they will too. Not my cup of tea but there we go... It’ll be interesting to see who the other 3 are. They should be announced in the next week or so.

Yeah was discussed the other day (playing Brighton on Saturday too).  Praying they turn up on Sunday!!   Interesting that 2 out of 4 played though, who played and who didn’t?

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah was discussed the other day (playing Brighton on Saturday too).  Praying they turn up on Sunday!!   Interesting that 2 out of 4 played though, who played and who didn’t?

Craig David and Hacienda Classical.

Pretty sure British Sea Power were on the bill too and played Glasto. 

42 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He’ll go the same way as Hozier, Gotye, James Bay, Tom Odell and all the other earnest young men who had one song that was massive.

George Ezra not part of the gang no more then?

Rag N the lads will probably get a massive follow up performance on the Pymild before he fades into obscurity.

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

Also just saw that they've been announced for Cactus Festival in Belgium. I think that might be confirmation that they're doing the festival circuit, if we didn't know already.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Anybody else notice there was security milling about through the crowd constantly at Young Fathers last night? Wonder what that was about. Amazing show as usual tho

They'll be looking for phone thieves I'd say. At a gig at Brixton last month, plain-clothed security followed a bloke through the middle of the crowd and then took him down in the middle of everyone. Reckon Brixton is targetted a lot due to the type of gig. Venues are increasinly employing security just to seek out these thieves.

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

Also mentioned the other day that Glasto doesn't really do the anniversary album in full tours.

2 hours ago, briddj said:

Also mentioned the other day that Glasto doesn't really do the anniversary album in full tours.

They're actually not just playing the album in full though, there's a few more songs in the set (afterwards). Could see them adjusting it to something like:

So Here We Are

This Modern Love

Positive Tension

Ratchet

Luno

Banquet

The Prayer

She's Hearing Voices

Helicopter

Like Eating Glass

Flux

And it would be brilliant.