Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

19 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, she did nothing wrong in that set, and objectively it was really good, but it was a proper 'shit weather, brexit vote' slump. It was only the exceptional lcd set afterwards that was able to lift the spirits, by providing escapism.

PJ that night tapped into, and reflected the general mood. LCD, on the other hand, hijacked the mood and refused to let it go where it was originally heading. 

Bang on, that's exactly how I feel about the pair of sets.  LCD didn't stop to read out a 17th Century poem about Europe, as moving as that was.

Just now, Badlands said:

Young Fathers rearranged dates for 22-24 January. I’ll be in Sri Lanka! Bollocks!!

Oh FFS. We're not sure if we'll be back by then as we're going on a roadtrip to the Alps. Plan is to be back by the 20th but the point of a road trip is to be able to stop off where we want and not rush back. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wasn’t there because some genius decided to put Beck up against her.

(Beck smashed it too)

Beck was brilliant... shame the crowd were there for Coldplay.

I fucked off sharpish after Beck, was stopped by a random girl who said "only you and your mate seemed like you enjoyed that as much as us"

He should have headlined the Park

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was right down the front safely in a small pocket of people genuinely enjoying it.

I think it was a question of right act in the wrong slot. He was trying to inject to energy onto a jaded, early Sunday evening crowd and it didn't quite come off. Plus, as you say, a large number were waiting for Apple Martin's Dad and the Boys. 

Headlining the Park up against Coldplay would have been preferable. A smaller, more dedicated crowd usually makes for a better set. 

54 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was right down the front safely in a small pocket of people genuinely enjoying it.

You must have been where we were then, had around 20 or so people having a good time but was depressing looking around and seeing people actively ignoring one of the best artists of the last 25 years.

18 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I was literally listening to The Futureheads on Monday thinking if they don't come back soon then they never will. Well happy with that ngl. 

Gave my christmas playlist its first outing last night, and Futureheads popped up - was wondering if they were still going. Enjoyed a few of their tunes back in the day.