Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Bradders said:

Noel Gallagher is playing 2020. The info was all about Glasto 2019 and then said, separately, “Noel is playing next year”. In that context that means next Glasto year.

It’s like if you say “next Monday” on a Saturday, you don’t mean 2 days from now even if it’s technically next week, you mean 9 days from now.

You keep saying this don’t you Bradders, you and GP. No one seems to be listening tho ?. I completely concur.

50 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

WELLEND!

As much as I love that term, I really don't classify. I have no fashion sense whatsoever, let alone dedicating my appearance to one bloke.

Appreciate a band like The Rifles is probably as uncool as it gets on here, but ultimately going to see them with mates led me to live music, festivals and Glastonbury. Without them I wouldn't have been at LCD in 2016, Radiohead in 2017 etc so as naff as they might be they were my 'gateway drug' live music equivalent. Plus I know every time I see them I'll have a great time and a proper sing along with my mates, they've never let me down on that front.

Just now, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Old James Blake is touring the US in the early part of next year, presumably with an album in the offing? Would he be back on the farm 3 years or so after last playing? 

Playing Wireless Germany the week after Glasto, too. Was mentioned somewhere on here, probs the acts touring around Glasto thread. Don't see why he couldn't be back if he has new material; 3 years is plenty of time for non-headliners to return. Other sub or JP headline are the only spots I can really see for him. He was great subbing Radiohead at Lolla Berlin the other year so I'd defo take him as an Other sub.

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well nah because the point I'm making is about which acts they go out of their way to book as Pyramid subs. The Libs were a last minute replacement so don't really count. Flo was who they had booked to sub this far in advance, which is what we're talking about being the case with Liam and Noel.

I know they're as big as those acts. The point is they're all either acts on the rise or slightly leftfield picks (other than Biffy Clyro who were a big get for them as Pyramid subs so you can see why they went for that). Going from that to having two solo artists both trading off the same band's material from over two decades ago and who play absolutely everywhere all the time? Don't see it.

I didn't mention anything about size. But it's the same as how having Bon Jovi headlining would be more embarrassing than having Stormzy headline. Glasto is a forward thinking festival and having both Gallagher brothers sub the Pyramid in the same year doesn't feel like something they'd do.

Fwiw I'm sticking with Liam Gallagher, Childish Gambino and Lana Del Rey to sub.

I think there is room for all tbh. I wouldn't have thought Bon Jovi is big enough to headline the festival in the UK in 2018, though could be wrong but they wouldn't be a bad act to play, just depends on who else is doing it. 

Can't really compare them to Noel and Liam though, they were a far bigger act this side of the Atlantic and are still ones of the biggest British acts of all time. They are unique as I can't think of many brothers that toured separately at the same time who are similarly equal in stature. I can think of plenty brothers but not where both got to that level.

I don't think this would have happened if there wasn't the fallow year. Surely they wouldn't book Liam to play twice in a row or they would have booked Noel last year.

I still go with if both play it's cause they want to push them back together as headliner next year. There's plenty huge bands but I think Oasis to this day would be one of the top five or so headliners they could get.

You could easy do LDR > Noel > Cure/Maccabees one night and Smashing Pumpkins > Liam > Stormzy another though and with whatever else is going on it'd pass easy.

I said Liam followed by Stormzy is a smart move and it possibly would be to have LDR before Noel, both acts would benefit from it imo.

1 minute ago, ClementsMike said:

“Glasto is a forward thinking festival

Headliners in 2019 look like 2/3 heritage acts?

Both Galllaghers have have top selling solo albums since the last festival. They won’t both sub, it’ll be Liam, but either could, and should.

Don't think anyone's denied that one of them could sub, tho. Everyone is dead set on Liam doing it. Like you say, they won't both do it (or at least, they shouldn't both do it).

And those top selling solo albums are because of who they are and what they achieved 20 years ago, same as them subbing Glastonbury would be because of that.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

I can't keep up with the terms here, what's a pseud? Am I a pseud? 

Yeh, I was also confused....is this an efests terms or something I should be aware of from basic popular culture? But then tbf, I'm not exactly sure what a gammon is either. My best guess is that it's a Jeremy Clarkson-esque creature that I don't want to be mistaken for

14 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, I was also confused....is this an efests terms or something I should be aware of from basic popular culture? But then tbf, I'm not exactly sure what a gammon is either. My best guess is that it's a Jeremy Clarkson-esque creature that I don't want to be mistaken for

Gammon ranges from someone who gets red faced about brexit to someone that doesn't like the 1975, I wouldn't get too worried if someone throws it your way on here.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, kingbadger said:

My issue with those two subbing is more the fact their draw is based on playing 50% or more Oasis songs. Why have the Gallaghers doing their own karaoke turns when the festival could be booking the likes of Christine and the Queens etc. How is the festival planning to bump up acts to headline status if they're giving 2 of the top 6 Pyramid slots to members of the same band who had their heyday in the 90s? 

2/3 of the headliners look nailed on to be heritage acts, do we really need 2/3 subs to be too, let alone the fact they're from the same band? 

If they've booked both then it's where to put them, they are both sub headliner material, we saw last time that Liam was too big for the Other and aid imagine Noel is the same.

They still need to fill out new bands but there will be 20+ bands on the pyramid and I'm not sure Christine and the Queen's are big enough to draw a huge crowd without some more highly established bands surrounding them, matterless of how good they are. Most festivals have always booked with a mixture and the bookers may feel like Liam and Noel could help draw enough people over to the pyramid for Stormzy and The Cure who aren't either fully established yet or may be past their top drawing peak. They Amy just see that as a safe bet to have people over to the Pyramid ready for the headliners.

I might not go see either agallagher bother if they are on, both or just one of them but I don't really have a problem with them being there and mixed in with some acts that aren't quite as established as mainstream draws as them.

I think I spent more time at the JP, Acoustic or Truth stage last time and probably will again but I'm not sure throwing too many upcoming star acts on the pyramid alone helps them, they are already gambling on Stormzy which could go either way and I doubt they want to add a huge amount of other risky ventures into that stage at the same time.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

go on, tell me again in 5 minutes that he won't be at Glastonbury next year.

We can be sure he won't play on the Sunday, anyway. :P 

Oh is this going to be another Kali misfire of buying everyone drinks if they are wrong? :D 

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

go on, tell me again in 5 minutes that he won't be at Glastonbury next year.

We can be sure he won't play on the Sunday, anyway. :P 

Maybe if Noel was more of a live rarity, I'd take him playing Exeter on Glastonbury weekend as a substantial clue. Going off recent summers, playing random UK cities is something that's just happening anyway.