Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

NGHFB's playing Heaton Park on 7th June, Doves supporting.

Is that the biggest gig he's done for a while? Surely puts him in line for Glasto? 

10 years to the day (ish) he last played there, wonder if there's something in that. 

Hopefully it puts Doves in line anyway.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't see how it would mean anything for Glastonbury. He's always about, and has always been around this size.

That doesn’t necessarily but the fact that info a while back about Stormzy a while back was correct and it also included Noel, well I’d be amazed if he’s not there

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Aye the only thing is whether that info meant 2019 or 2020. I'm still on 2020 side.

But why? Played all last summer, now playing all this. Why wait around till next when who knows they may not even be about?

plus all of the other info was for this year.  Why throw a 2020 bit in?

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

The English dates are "UK" but Scotland dates are "Scotland"..... I imagine there's a fair few Scottish people who would be pretty happy about that distinction in the post-BREXIT apocolypse

Us glasto Scots are citizens of the world, borders mean nothing to us. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, sisco said:

But why? Played all last summer, now playing all this. Why wait around till next when who knows they may not even be about?

Because the whole chunk of info was about acts playing in 2019 and specifying their positions, and then there was an added "Noel Gallagher is playing next year" at the end which sounded completely separate and to a lot of us sounded like they were talking about 2019 as this year and 2020 as next year. Would have made a lot more sense if they'd said something like "Noel Gallagher is also playing" if they meant 2019.

Plus I refuse to believe Glastonbury have done something as laughable as booking the two Gallagher brothers to either sub the Pyramid or headline Other in one year, in 2019.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, sisco said:

Noel's active every single year so I don't think that matters. 

I can't believe Doves have reformed just to be Noel Gallagher's roadies. 

7 minutes ago, TheBurns said:

Just out from Gruff Rhys tonight, excellent show. I now regret not seeing him more! I love anyone who openly dislikes encores.

Down with encores, up with saying "we're away for a slash, back in 5" and leaves Little Spanish Flea belting out over the PA.

6 hours ago, sisco said:

I’ll be amazed if he’s not subbing the pyramid (contrary to opinion here)

I think after the Heaton Park announcement subbing is quite likely, I reckon doing that makes him too big to do Other opener...depend how it sells mind. I'll be interested to see if it sells as fast as Liam did.

Liam and Noel subbing Friday and Sunday though is probably the most at the minute.

5 hours ago, sisco said:

The 2020 shout is bullshit, he's not going to do a big tour right through when Glasto is and pop up next year instead after people are bored of it.