Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

Could Bruce be touring  without the E Street Band?

Possibly. Because as of now at least 2 of the band members have no expectation of going on the road.

But if he's not bringing the band with him, then surely Glastonbury becomes incredibly unlikely - a solo show (or even one with the Sessions band) just wouldn't play well to a festival crowd and especially not on a larger stage.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

But if he's not bringing the band with him, then surely Glastonbury becomes incredibly unlikely - a solo show (or even one with the Sessions band) just wouldn't play well to a festival crowd and especially not on a larger stage.

Agreed in the unlikely chance he was to play Glastonbury it would have to be with the E Street Band. With the new album supposedly going to be solo acoustic got a feeling these shows will be a more stripped back affair 

8 hours ago, TheSheriff said:

Agreed in the unlikely chance he was to play Glastonbury it would have to be with the E Street Band. With the new album supposedly going to be solo acoustic got a feeling these shows will be a more stripped back affair 

Not according to the interview, it’s a solo album but it’s a tour with the E Street band.

(There was a story about a year ago he had recorded a solo album, I guess it’s been delayed so long due to his ever-extended Broadway shows).

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Woah buddy don't blow my source! But aye it is.

As kind as it'd be to do a charity gig for their first show back, I would imagine they'll have other stuff to announce in the morning.

Will be surprised if there aren't a couple of warm up gigs beforehand. Like when Suede got together for TCT, saw them at Manchester Ritz before that and they were fucking incredible. First time I saw them was Glastonbury 2003 and it was awful, was actually hesitant to see them again but so glad I did.

Oh yeah, Doves. I'm hoping this isn't a one off and that they've been working on new material on the quiet. Would love to see them at Glastonbury again, their mid-afternoon Pyramid set in 2002 was bloody special.

21 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

...to be fair, they [Zutons ]haven't been together as a band for years!

Maybe the 'Valerie' royalties have dried up at last. Saw them back in their brief heyday,  they were good live,  but would be amazed if they had much of a following now.

Yeah, not a '£40 at The Roundhouse' following at least

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Not according to the interview, it’s a solo album but it’s a tour with the E Street band.

(There was a story about a year ago he had recorded a solo album, I guess it’s been delayed so long due to his ever-extended Broadway shows).

Only speculating as two members the E Street Band have said yesterday they didn’t know anything about touring the UK next year 

41 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

Only speculating as two members the E Street Band have said yesterday they didn’t know anything about touring the UK next year 

That’s true, however it may of course not be true what they say, any announcements more likely to be via official channels not via Nils or Little Stevie twitter feeds. 

Just now, EamerRed said:

Probably playing that Teenage Cancer Trust gig again at the Albert Hall.

I did think that but would it be a bit strange to announce the same day as others but under his own separate announcement?

There are 2 dates free still with (I'm assuming) one being the comedy night.