Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Just checked Facebook. Gutted but what can ye do. Gonna hit Christmas markets and go for a nice meal somewhere. Can't cancel hotel now so wull suck it up and make the most of it. It's a pretty nice room so will live it up a bit. 

Hope they get better soon and its not rescheduled for when we're away. 

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2009220282483840/?active_tab=discussion

Got an e-mail about it as well. Hope you sort something fun to do out! Realising how small a problem it is for me as apposed to other people as I only live a 10 minute walk to the venue.

I was a bit annoyed I was gonna be missing Nadine Shah tonight but she's cancelled as well so can't even make up for it with that.

Yeah we're traveling from Cumbria so had to get cover for the guesthouse we run and book a hotel. Oh well. 

6 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Just checked Facebook. Gutted but what can ye do. Gonna hit Christmas markets and go for a nice meal somewhere. Can't cancel hotel now so wull suck it up and make the most of it. It's a pretty nice room so will live it up a bit. 

Ah rubbish :-(.  Hope you have a cracking night anyway. Xmas markets are normally decent.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Ah rubbish :-(.  Hope you have a cracking night anyway. Xmas markets are normally decent.

Oh we hit them hard during the week before Christine and the Queens. Mulled winem what's not to like. Need to find that place with the 20 different flavours. Every cloud and all.

Some poor fucker on Twitter has flown from Ireland to see them. 

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Oh we hit them hard during the week before Christine and the Queens. Mulled winem what's not to like. Need to find that place with the 20 different flavours. Every cloud and all.

Ah man that’s bad luck for the Irish dude. I bet loads of people don’t even know and turn up at the venue too.

Enjoy the 20 different mulled wines ?. I haven’t seen that stall but will deffo seek it out next time I’m up.

Just now, Phoenix Girl said:

Ah man that’s bad luck for the Irish dude. I bet loads of people don’t even know and turn up at the venue too.

Enjoy the 20 different mulled wines ?. I haven’t seen that stall but will deffo seek it out next time I’m up.

If I find it I'll report back. I'm all about the gingerbread flavour. ?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I was a bit annoyed I was gonna be missing Nadine Shah tonight but she's cancelled as well so can't even make up for it with that.

Yeah, my first thought was "well this means I get to go to that Nadine Shah gig". What a shame.

12 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Shame for you guys and anybody who's travelled for it really. I'd be fuming if the same thing ever happened to me. Mercifully, I've only ever experienced a handful of cancellations, and all of them have been in Manchester.

Yeah feel really bad for people that don't hear about it either so still rock up to the venue, it's pretty short notice. That said, it's their bad for not thinking to check a tour/gig thread on an online forum about a festival that's not happening till June.

At least the footies been good, if Everton get a result here it'll even everything out.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Go to the Northern Quarter. I'd recommend this place:

http://lucklustliquorburn.com/

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Go to the Northern Quarter. I'd recommend this place:

http://lucklustliquorburn.com/

Been there before. Soo hipster. I like my Mexican old school and my margaritas frozen and shit. ?

@Phoenix Girl the mulled wine place is in tjet Barton arcade but the promise of flavours was devastated by a shelf of molin syrups you would find in any coffee shop. No gingerbread but the dark chocolate mulled wine was lovely. X

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Young Fathers were brilliant in Glasgow on Friday, didn’t seem like there was anything wrong with them then. I’m torn between wanting them as Park headliners or an early Pyramid slot next year.

I'd go for Pyramid. Not often you get to see them on a big stage, but when they're up there they bring the big guns, it's a completely different experience to one of their own shows.

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'd go for Pyramid. Not often you get to see them on a big stage, but when they're up there they bring the big guns, it's a completely different experience to one of their own shows.

Yeah they played the main stage at some little free Liverpool festival this summer and although by their own admittance it was a weird gig for them, they were awesome and quickly won the initially uninterested crowd over. Gotta be the Pyramid for me.

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Just checked, saw them in the Liverpool Royal Court in 2004, Glastonbury 2005, and Manchester Academy in 2006....gulp! Must have liked them a lot! Will feel duty-bound to catch them again. 

Isn’t their bassist in High Flying Birds? 

The Zutons? I think they're looking for a new bassist. That's what Mani was talking about when he was quoted as "ex-roses" bassist. Then he objected and the news ended up on here.

Reading that link, Russ is definitely not rejoining.