Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Also regrets missing them in 2003 for Moby. 

They actually did play Glastonbury a lot didn't they? Bodes well for next year.

@GETOFFAMYLAWN You'll know There Goes the Fear.

Such a tune. One of those songs where you can just listen to one part and each one is brilliant. My favourite air drum song.

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Don't recognise it, apparently it was in 500 Days Of Summer, seen that film approx 3 times and I don't recognise it.

Only does the lil melody thing from the first minute or so, which I feel like I've heard on telly 100x more than the actual song in its colossal, life-affirming entirety. 

54 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Is There Goes The Fear the big Doves song? I always thought it was Pounding, maybe that's coz they play it at city games quite a lot.

Yeah I have no idea if Pounding is genuinely a big song, or if it just is to City fans cos they haven't changed the playlist for a decade. Black And White Town I know really well too cos it was on Fifa. And I think There Goes The Fear is the only one I know "naturally" so it's gotta be the biggun.

53 minutes ago, Homer said:

not released anything decent for years; 

...to be fair, they haven't been together as a band for years!

Maybe the 'Valerie' royalties have dried up at last. Saw them back in their brief heyday,  they were good live,  but would be amazed if they had much of a following now.

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

...to be fair, they haven't been together as a band for years!

Maybe the 'Valerie' royalties have dried up at last. Saw them back in their brief heyday,  they were good live,  but would be amazed if they had much of a following now.

I have to admit, I'm pretty surprised at the lukewarm response on here. I thought they were a cracking little band back in the day, even if the last album was a disappointment. Apparently they ended up under pressure from the record company to rush it out before the songs were ready and the whole thing just kind of fell apart after that.

That debut is a stone cold classic - I'm really pleased they're back even if everyone seems indifferent. In the words of their own Abbie Harding - they "were boss".

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I have to admit, I'm pretty surprised at the lukewarm response on here. I thought they were a cracking little band back in the day, even if the last album was a disappointment. Apparently they ended up under pressure from the record company to rush it out before the songs were ready and the whole thing just kind of fell apart after that.

That debut is a stone cold classic - I'm really pleased they're back even if everyone seems indifferent. In the words of their own Abbie Harding - they "were boss".

I wasn't sure about them  until I got a free ticket to a gig and they were great. Saw them on the Other before Groove Armada in the noughties too.

1 hour ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Saw Friendly Fires last night, they were a lot of fun, very good and played a couple of new tracks that sounded decent. Even if you’re not a fan of their music you have to get behind the singers dance moves!

Saw them Friday night - they're on good form!

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Gutted about Young Fathers postponing their gigs, hope we don't have to wait too long. (and obviously hope they get better and all that)

Fuck good thing I decided to look in here otherwise I 100% would've just headed to Manchester/the venue in a couple of hours.

That's a shame. Hopefully it'll get rescheduled sooner rather than later.

13 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Gutted about Young Fathers postponing their gigs, hope we don't have to wait too long. (and obviously hope they get better and all that)

What? We're on our way to Manchester!!!! Hotel booked and all. 

Edited by H.M.V

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

What? We're on our way to Manchester!!!! Hotel booked and all. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/2009220282483840/?active_tab=discussion

Got an e-mail about it as well. Hope you sort something fun to do out! Realising how small a problem it is for me as apposed to other people as I only live a 10 minute walk to the venue.

I was a bit annoyed I was gonna be missing Nadine Shah tonight but she's cancelled as well so can't even make up for it with that.