Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

I had to miss the last tour cos of exams so will prob head to Leeds for this. Not seen them (other than an HMV gig) since Leeds 2016, where they were the best act all weekend. Hope they've moved on from focusing on the latest record, as it was a bit of a stinker bar a couple of tracks. It's a farewell gig for Lukas, the keyboardist, so I imagine it should be a good setlist.

IMG_20181129_104131.jpg

Edited by Odessa

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I had to miss the last tour cos of exams so will prob head to Leeds for this. Not seen them (other than an HMV gig) since Leeds 2016, where they were the best act all weekend. Hope they've moved on from focusing on the latest record, as it was a bit of a stinker bar a couple of tracks. It's a farewell gig for Luke, the keyboardist, so I imagine it should be a good setlist.

IMG_20181129_104131.jpg

I think that's the first time I've ever seen Paul without a hat on...

Saw him on his solo tour last night. Such a great guy. Maximo are always fantastic, so would recommend anyone go to this if feasible.

1 minute ago, Hawros said:

I think that's the first time I've ever seen Paul without a hat on...

Saw him on his solo tour last night. Such a great guy. Maximo are always fantastic, so would recommend anyone go to this if feasible.

Oh man I really wanted to see him on Monday, but I couldn't commit to it in advance cos I wasn't sure if I would be in work, and when it came around I didn't feel too well so didn't fancy trekking to Manchester on my own. 

Did he play much off Contradictions? Particularly The Deep End? Love that track. Glad it was a good gig. I'll aim to catch him next time cos Maximo take breaks but he never seems to. 

On 11/27/2018 at 2:25 PM, Wakey321 said:

Pretty excited! 

Just managed to bag a ticket for The Good The Bad and The Queen tonight in Cullercoats!

I was there last night, a fantastic surreal experience. It was also under a tenner for a round of 4 in the bar downstairs. All hail the CIU Clubs. Didn't win the domino card mind!!

They’re not my favourite vehicle of Albarns but I’ve been enjoying the new album. Nobody does melodic melancholy like Damon for me. Watching him perform tracks like Lady Boston and Ribbons close up in front of 200 people was something special. 

Also, having seen him up close I’m utterly convinced that he’s had a hair transplant!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think for a recent million-selling artist, headlining Standon Calling is tantamount to going away. By rights he should be headlining Glastonbury - maybe he would have been if he called Michael Gove a doylum or something.

I just assumed he would have joined the likes of Hozier and James Bay in playing mid afternoon sets to bored looking people waiting for that one massive song they know.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Tbf to the lad, he's got two. At least 4 minutes less boredom than Hozier and James Bay. 

4 minutes more recognisable boredom, surely.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think for a recent million-selling artist, headlining Standon Calling is tantamount to going away. By rights he should be headlining Glastonbury - maybe he would have been if he called Michael Gove a doylum or something.

Bloody hell - doylum. I haven't heard that word for years Dental. That's a word from up NE innit? Are you from up that way?

48 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Bloody hell - doylum. I haven't heard that word for years Dental. That's a word from up NE innit? Are you from up that way?

Guess so. One of those things I thought was universal until I came on here, like Morrisons and ferret-legging.

56 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Tbf to the lad, he's got two. At least 4 minutes less boredom than Hozier and James Bay. 

I could not name this other Rag N Bone Man track you speak of, but I assume it’s more to do with collecting scrap metal than his more accessible stuff.

3 hours ago, Odessa said:

Oh man I really wanted to see him on Monday, but I couldn't commit to it in advance cos I wasn't sure if I would be in work, and when it came around I didn't feel too well so didn't fancy trekking to Manchester on my own. 

Did he play much off Contradictions? Particularly The Deep End? Love that track. Glad it was a good gig. I'll aim to catch him next time cos Maximo take breaks but he never seems to. 

Not too much off Contradictions, more from Margins, interestingly.

Here's the set from Manchester...

516602876_Screenshot2018-11-29at14_56_45.thumb.png.6057d20efd52fbfec2fdce313213a504.png

28 minutes ago, Quark said:

Anyone seen She Drew The Gun and able to say if they're any good live?  Playing Brighton in the New Year and tempted by a ticket based on their track on the BBC6Music playlist at the moment.

Saw them in the crows nest and really enjoyed them.

33 minutes ago, Quark said:

Anyone seen She Drew The Gun and able to say if they're any good live?  Playing Brighton in the New Year and tempted by a ticket based on their track on the BBC6Music playlist at the moment.

Saw them support The Coral in October. They were fun. Indie-pop with a political edge.