Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, DDave said:

ooh cheers for this! Been telling myself I'd go for the last three years but always end up doing the free gigs instead! Not that they're bad mind you, saw Black Midi, Pip Blom, The Orielles and Hotel Lux for free this year with free beer in a great pub in town. 

• Like 1

For what it's worth I went to see The Courteeners in Llandudno last night and they were rubbish, like really bad and the set list was laughable.

But whilst stood in the hour queue for the bar I saw a guy in a Glastonbury hoody and his missus had a Gerry Cinnamon tshirt on, made me think of the various discussions that have been had about him on here.

On 11/23/2018 at 9:29 AM, Guy Incognito said:

ooh cheers for this! Been telling myself I'd go for the last three years but always end up doing the free gigs instead! Not that they're bad mind you, saw Black Midi, Pip Blom, The Orielles and Hotel Lux for free this year with free beer in a great pub in town. 

Went to the Great Escape a few times, always fantastic fun, and you’re bound to find a couple of new acts to champion. Lots of industry peeps there for the conference side of it, so the acts have good reason to put on their best performances. Highly recommended. 

On 11/22/2018 at 4:40 PM, crazyfool1 said:

At risk of repeating what I might have said before  :) ... If october drift are in a town / city near you on this tour definitely worth a look fantastic energy ... one of the guys was ill for the last couple of nights but you would never have guessed it the way they were throwing themselves about and the lead singer likes to get amongst the audience ... Great price to they cost £5.50 last night in Exeter an absolute bargain 

Saw them in Bath on Friday night. Unreal energy for the entire set. My boyfriend who I dragged along and has no interest whatsoever in their sort of music even commented saying how good they were. Would recommend them for sure!

Also, I know I asked before but I didn't get a response. Playing the Bristol 02 in Feb there's Mayday Parade + The Wonder Years. The description says they're 'teaming up for a tour' and that this is 'fans' chance to experience them both live in the same setting'. Can someone please shed some light on how this would work? Do they play one after the other? Do they play together a combination of songs from both bands? I'm a bit confused, but interested in going, just don't know what to expect. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Display-Name said:

Saw them in Bath on Friday night. Unreal energy for the entire set. My boyfriend who I dragged along and has no interest whatsoever in their sort of music even commented saying how good they were. Would recommend them for sure!

Also, I know I asked before but I didn't get a response. Playing the Bristol 02 in Feb there's Mayday Parade + The Wonder Years. The description says they're 'teaming up for a tour' and that this is 'fans' chance to experience them both live in the same setting'. Can someone please shed some light on how this would work? Do they play one after the other? Do they play together a combination of songs from both bands? I'm a bit confused, but interested in going, just don't know what to expect. Thanks!

Thats why I enjoy them wouldn't have said it was my type of music initially but I like the fact Kiwi gets involved and joins the crowd ... I believe he did his usual walkabout in moles wasn't it ? I would predict bigger things for them but im biased slightly and its a hard industry to succeed in I know so please recommend to friends / family as they are trying to establish a stronger base in the south of the country having a very strong one in the midlands they are on social media and always respond well to favourable comments :) 

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

There is a lot of unnecessary duplication between this thread and the 'Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019' thread - I'd have thought dates around Glasto more naturally belong in the latter. 

Yeah this thread is supposed to be for general discussion about tours/gigs, not about the chances of acts turning up at Glasto.

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Tears for Fears and The Jacksons playing Hampton Court in June

According to their website, Tears For Fears are in Germany on the Friday, so it'd have to be Saturday or Sunday.

For me, they would be a cracking choice for the post-Kylie slot on Sunday evening..

Edited by incident