Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Apologies if any of these have already been done

Rage Against Florence and the Machine

The Rolling Stone Roses

Is there a lot of crossover between acts booked on APE or do they like to have exclusives?

In case you didn't get dental's post, APE only started this year so no idea how it'll affect Glasto. Some of their headliners played elsewhere last year (The xx headlined Parklife), and they I've never seen them claim an act as exclusive.

18 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Shame were good on Friday but HMLTD supporting were one of the most entertaining bands I've seen this year. 

Batshit crazy sounding like an angry Adam and the Ants one song, then song that had Rammstein vibes followed by the kind of Rock/Dubstep hybrid that Muse felt like they were going for a few terrible albums ago. 

Listening to them on Spotify today and a bit underwhelmed but I highly recommend checking them out live. 

Second this.  

Went on Thursday.  Shame were excellent but I recommend HMLTD as a must see when they inevitably pop up at all the fests next year.  Absolute chaos.

46 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

In case you didn't get dental's post, APE only started this year so no idea how it'll affect Glasto. Some of their headliners played elsewhere last year (The xx headlined Parklife), and they I've never seen them claim an act as exclusive.

Gotcha.  For some reason, I never questioned APE not being a new festival.  I can't keep up with all of these new things

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Shame were good on Friday but HMLTD supporting were one of the most entertaining bands I've seen this year. 

Batshit crazy sounding like an angry Adam and the Ants one song, then song that had Rammstein vibes followed by the kind of Rock/Dubstep hybrid that Muse felt like they were going for a few terrible albums ago. 

Listening to them on Spotify today and a bit underwhelmed but I highly recommend checking them out live. 

Exactly how I felt about them. Thought all 3 acts were very good on Friday.

25 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

Exactly how I felt about them. Thought all 3 acts were very good on Friday.

Was the third Fontaines DC? - Heard them for the first time on six music last week and they sounded worth seeing.

Just read your post on other thread!

Edited by tjamest

2 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

I didn't like what I'd heard of HMLTD when they first came out but saw them by accdeint a couple of years ago and they were amazing, made a point of seing them everytime since. I actually was impressed enough to buy a t-shirt that I really like the first time I caught them to support them a bit more but having to explain it since has been so annoying ahah. 

This is what it looked like from the guitarist's perspective the other night