Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

36 minutes ago, gibble said:

Thanks again for the heads up on this - has a great time last night. 

2D8E238C-03A1-473B-9316-54B3B36E18ED.jpeg

Brilliant wasn't it? not many bands can pull off an hour of new material like they did. Thought the tour merch (a lighter) would have been a bit better but I'm not complaining for a fiver and a free beer

I was stood about 6 rows behind you. a bloke in front of me was playing Pokemon go during the second song! What a weapon.

3 minutes ago, DDave said:

Brilliant wasn't it? not many bands can pull off an hour of new material like they did. Thought the tour merch (a lighter) would have been a bit better but I'm not complaining for a fiver and a free beer

I was stood about 6 rows behind you. a bloke in front of me was playing Pokemon go during the second song! What a weapon.

That's still a thing?! 

4 minutes ago, DDave said:

Saw them at pukkelpop a few years back and they stole the show!

25 minutes ago, DDave said:

I was there. Stumbled across them (always thought they were a death metal band for some reason!) and they were the best surprise of the weekend. Right up my street

yep I think I only went because I wanted a good spot for Crystal very late castles, such a good run of acts on that stage that day

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Odessa said:

Ah I don't know her, will have to check her out. Thanks mate.

She's sick. I was actually googling for info on an upcoming album for her the other day and saw that she'd announced a tour the day before. Was gonna post it in here but didn't.

Speaking of which, the poster she tweeted didn't have Brudenell on it, and the venue tweeted nothing about it either, but it was on a poster that another venue posted when they announced her, and there are tickets for it on sale on her website. Should be sound, shouldn't it? I'm worried that it got canned or something but if tix are on sale on her website I'm sure it'll be fine.

6 hours ago, gibble said:

Thanks again for the heads up on this - has a great time last night. 

2D8E238C-03A1-473B-9316-54B3B36E18ED.jpeg

I was at this last night as well, it was great wasnt it! Best new-songs-heavy gig you're likely to see! Thought the support band Pleasure Complex were great too, ones to watch out for.

Edited by Memory Man

19 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Off to see Jon Hopkins on Saturday night. Anyone seen this tour that can offer comment on what to expect?? I'm out my comfort zone a little as its not a genre I go out my way to see unless its at a festival. I think I saw him on Arcadia last year. 

He was fantastic in Glasgow last month. I'm not normally one to go and see electronic music live but I loved it, probably one of my favourite gigs this year actually.

3 hours ago, Badlands said:

Off to see Jon Hopkins on Saturday night. Anyone seen this tour that can offer comment on what to expect?? I'm out my comfort zone a little as its not a genre I go out my way to see unless its at a festival. I think I saw him on Arcadia last year. 

I’m into electronic music but generally on the more pop-structured side of it rather than house or techno. Saw him at Brixton and he was incredible. I felt it peaked quite early so make sure you’re ready from the start, he doesn’t hang about in bringing the intensity.

16 hours ago, DDave said:

https://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/azealia-banks-tickets

2 Azealia Banks gigs in January. Be interesting to see how they sell. I love her, but interesting to see if her controversies put people off going to see her.

Don't tell anybody, but I secretly listen to Azealia Banks not infrequently. I think she's actually really good. Wouldn't dream of going to see her though, terrible person. Pirated her music and all.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Don't tell anybody, but I secretly listen to Azealia Banks not infrequently. I think she's actually really good. Wouldn't dream of going to see her though, terrible person. Pirated her music and all.

Thought 'Broke with Expensive taste' is a great album and even some of the latest stuff are bangers. She could have been absolutely massive if it wasn't for...well, herself.

15 hours ago, Bradders said:

I’m into electronic music but generally on the more pop-structured side of it rather than house or techno. Saw him at Brixton and he was incredible. I felt it peaked quite early so make sure you’re ready from the start, he doesn’t hang about in bringing the intensity.

18 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

He was fantastic in Glasgow last month. I'm not normally one to go and see electronic music live but I loved it, probably one of my favourite gigs this year actually.

Thanks for the heads-up both. Intensity is certainly a word I'd associate with his music!!