Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Well, that Idles ticket buying experience was almost as bad as Glastonbury, actually started off worse in that I got a 'busy' page with a 20 second timer, then a couple of refreshes later, 'No tickets available'! No indication of whether any would be coming back on sale, and then a new date added, which didn't bode well, and also sold out immediately. Kept plugging away and got what I wanted eventually, but blimey - perhaps too many savvy T-Day veterans on there...

It does show how incredibly popular they are right now - should have been playing Brixton rather than the Electric Ballroom.

I was surprised when they first announced the tour that they were still playing relatively small venues. Probably one of the last times we'll get the opportunity to see them in venues this size if they carry on gaining popularity at the pace they are currently

51 minutes ago, Tyonks said:

I was surprised when they first announced the tour that they were still playing relatively small venues. Probably one of the last times we'll get the opportunity to see them in venues this size if they carry on gaining popularity at the pace they are currently

Was in Albert Hall the other night and all’s I could think was “fuck me Idles are gonna destroy this place”. The little mosh pits that night had the joint rattling. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Retro P said:

Was in Albert Hall the other night and all’s I could think was “fuck me Idles are gonna destroy this place”. The little mosh pits that night had the joint rattling. 

It survived Death Grips so should be alright. Just ahah. 

Mad how far they've come in a couple of years, playing to around 100 people, if that, when I saw them December '16. Fanbase is only gonna grow as well seemingly, I'm exposed to a lot of fans being in the facebook group (which, credit where its due, is lovely) and they've really captured something in both younger and older people alike in a way a lot of acts they seem to get compared to on here haven't. Good on 'em.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, priest17 said:

It survived Death Grips so should be alright. Just ahah. 

Mad how far they've come in a couple of years, playing to around 100 people, if that, when I saw them December '16. Fanbase is only gonna grow as well seemingly, I'm exposed to a lot of fans being in the facebook group (which, credit where its due, is lovely) and they've really captured something in both younger and older people alike in a way a lot of acts they seem to get compared to on here haven't. Good on 'em.

I'm taking my 60 year old dad to the Camden gig. He can't wait.

• Upvote 2

Kylie has announced her summer run. 

Thursday 20th June – Hampton Court Palace, London

Friday 21st June – Hampton Court Palace, London

Sunday 23rd June – Blenheim Palace, Woodstock

Tuesday 2nd July – Eden Project, St. Austell

Thursday 11th July – Castlefield Bowl, Manchester

Sunday 14th July – Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh

Thursday 1st August – Open Air Theatre, Scarborough

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Yup, don't think there's any doubt now.

So that's all three headliners and the legend wrapped up and it's not even December yet!

Still waiting/hoping for the usual inevitable fork in the road that messes up everybody's headliner predictions, but alas I think it may be false hope this time. Hopefully the undercard will have some surprises across it. More excited for Kylie than anything else at the moment (although I love Kylie so that's no small feat).

Yep that has to be Kylie as TBC I'd reckon, That's good news though as she will have a good crowd and has plenty hits to keep them happy.

I'm just confused as to the Spice Girls and their reaction to the Glasto question on the radio, they sound so disingenuous with their response unless they are one of the headliners and they have kept it quiet or they are holding out for 2020, either way I couldn't believe a thing they ever said if they answered it like that.