Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

16 minutes ago, Retro P said:

Yep, got that same shit feeling about it. Missed out on the presale by minutes. 

Yea I didn't go for the presale in the end for reasons I won't go into here, but looks like there was massive demand! 

On 11/7/2018 at 4:25 PM, Lubic87 said:

If you like your modern craft ale bars, North Bar, Belgrave Music Hall, and Headrow House are great options and not too far away. The latter two are multi-level, and have nice rooftop terraces. Foleys also does good ale, and is a bit more of a traditional boozer. Nation of Shopkeepers is also a solid option, close to the venue, and usually has a decent atmosphere.

Ended up in Nation of Shopkeepers, nice place so thanks for the recommendation! I didn't actually enjoy last night for the experience, the venue is absolutely awful. They'd oversold it so even though I got in just about for the start of Staves there was barely any room for a decent view and it got steadily worse. It was bad enough that it just left a bad vibe particularly around the back and the bars where people were trying to get served or find space to stand comfortably but there just wasn't the space to do anything. The crowd were terrible in general and the only saving grace was that the sound was excellent! Feel a bit sorry for the band, although I'm sure for those at the gig a bit further forward it was a different experience. 

Edited by Thunderstruck

13 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Fuck!!! I tried for the dome and it sold out in about 20 seconds.

Like Glastonbury all over again

They were selling them at Resident in Brighton, think they were the only tickets not to be solely online.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

Ended up in Nation of Shopkeepers, nice place so thanks for the recommendation! I didn't actually enjoy last night for the experience, the venue is absolutely awful. They'd oversold it so even though I got in just about for the start of Staves there was barely any room for a decent view and it got steadily worse. It was bad enough that it just left a bad vibe particularly around the back and the bars where people were trying to get served or find space to stand comfortably but there just wasn't the space to do anything. The crowd were terrible in general and the only saving grace was that the sound was excellent! Feel a bit sorry for the band, although I'm sure for those at the gig a bit further forward it was a different experience. 

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, it's one of those venues that always seems to be packed, especially towards the back, where the entrances/bars are, and you are trapped under the balcony.

No good to you now, but I've found that if you push through the crowds down the sides you usually emerge into a bit of space nearer the front where you can easily cut in.

1 minute ago, Lubic87 said:

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, it's one of those venues that always seems to be packed, especially towards the back, where the entrances/bars are, and you are trapped under the balcony.

No good to you now, but I've found that if you push through the crowds down the sides you usually emerge into a bit of space nearer the front where you can easily cut in.

Yeah that is pretty much it, if you're trapped under the balcony it isn't great! I was impressed with the sound though, not sure how much of that is the bands team or the setup at the venue itself.

40 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Unlucky dude. I really only got it by chance, started clicking on the ticket link at about 8:55 and got in just before 9.

If anything crops up that means I can't make it come March I'll give you first dibs.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Henrik said:

1 minute ago, Quark said:

If anything crops up that means I can't make it come March I'll give you first dibs.

I'll do the same mate, if I can't go I'll give you a shout. Managed to get my standing ticket a few days ago in the presale. 

• Upvote 1

Managed to tickets for Idles in Camden. Friday looked like it had sold out even before 9am. Saturday sold out at about 9:03 I think (on seetickets) Crazy anything even remotely popular sells out in a flash these days. 

Well, that Idles ticket buying experience was almost as bad as Glastonbury, actually started off worse in that I got a 'busy' page with a 20 second timer, then a couple of refreshes later, 'No tickets available'! No indication of whether any would be coming back on sale, and then a new date added, which didn't bode well, and also sold out immediately. Kept plugging away and got what I wanted eventually, but blimey - perhaps too many savvy T-Day veterans on there...

It does show how incredibly popular they are right now - should have been playing Brixton rather than the Electric Ballroom.