Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Is Bluedot that small? It has headliners bigger than Green Man and EOTR usually get.

Not particularly bigger Blue Dot seems to get one bigger name then usual, look at Chems and Pixies, I'd say Green Man probably gets slightly smaller headliner but I think they did share Future Islands with Blue Dot one year. However EOTR managed to bag Vampire Weekend this year who I wouldn't say are that much smaller then The National, especially with them not playing this country in about 3 years

Edited by Callum_96

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Blue Dot would be most likely date-wise. Seems unlikely they'd stick around until September to do EOTR 

Really don't know where they would fit next summer (I suppose a return to GF to headline The Other is out of the question). They've played Latitude & GF recently - the two big festivals that they're the best fit for, they've done a big outdoor show in London this year and it's only a year since they did multiple nights in Manchester and London.

39 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I thought that RE: new album but SWB was only out just over a year ago, seems an abnormally quick turnaround from their usual release schedules?! 

It could be nearly 2 years though by then. Quicker but not crazy. Add to that the comments they've made about having another album's worth of material ready and I'd say it's very likely they'll have another album rather than continuing SWB.

19 minutes ago, Hawros said:

They are.

https://www.festicket.com/festivals/mad-cool-festival/2019/

Edit: Admittedly, headliner status at MC is a little less clear, with the two adjacent main stages. 

Yeah, they could easily have a spot similar to Jack White where they're clearly not the main act of the evening but demand or warrant that top line status.

The Good, the Bad and the Queen playing a couple of social clubs on the north-east coast as a warm-up to their tour. Was very odd seeing Tynemouth CIU Social Club being mentioned on the pages of Pitchfork.

Have they played G previously?

Edited by Badlands

I was hoping to check in sooner but hadn't had the chance - Chromeo at London Printworks last Thursday were fantastic! And what a venue btw! Fantastic lighting, great sound, proper craft beers and good gin. Was on the ready's for a next UK appearance announcement, but no mention of gig or a Glasto appearance. Have Insta'd them since but no response as yet! I do however have a sneaky feeling they'll be at the farm next year, I can feel it in the waters. I'm sure since the comment on Twitter they're just on Glasto lockdown. I'm sure of it. Or just optimistic! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

So Sigrid played Dublin last night and announced a show at the 3Arena there next year. Probably reasonable to think she'll make a similar step in the UK when her date here are done. That's mad. She ain't even got an album out yet.

Absolutely mental. She's killing it. Park set last year was lush.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

So Sigrid played Dublin last night and announced a show at the 3Arena there next year. Probably reasonable to think she'll make a similar step in the UK when her date here are done. That's mad. She ain't even got an album out yet.

I don't think she's sold out both her Manchester dates yet ?