Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Just now, Mash011 said:

did black midi stop taking the piss and release some music yet or nah? they were great at eotr

Haven't heard anything else yet but assuming they must have more or the gig will be a short one. Maybe they'll be flogging some albums.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:20 AM, finn_with_1_n said:

I saw John Grant at the Brighton Dome last night and am very ready for a Park headline set next year. Such a great performer

I saw John Grant in Bath last night, the third time i've seen him and thought he was great previously.

I haven't been that bored at a gig in decades. Dull as fuck.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I saw John Grant in Bath last night, the third time i've seen him and thought he was great previously.

Why was it so dull, i held off gettimg tickets for Cambridge until i had heard the new album. Its not his best album by s log shot, so dont think I'll bother. Saw him support Elbow in April and though he was superb. Was it the new stuff that made it so dull?

1 minute ago, dingbat2 said:

Why was it so dull, i held off gettimg tickets for Cambridge until i had heard the new album. Its not his best album by s log shot, so dont think I'll bother. Saw him support Elbow in April and though he was superb. Was it the new stuff that made it so dull?

the first hour was the new album, and last night at least it was completely underwhelming as a live thing.

Up to the encore there were three oldies, which were done OK but still short of what I've seen before.

And I actually bailed at that point, to go stand outside and watch the halloween kids punching each other. Much more enjoyable!

30 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

Mogwai playing SWG3 Wednesday 21st November, on sale now:

http://mogwai.co.uk/shows

Got a ticket for this. Never seen Mogwai before so it'll be great to see them in a smaller venue. I've only been inside SWG3 once which was for Jon Hopkins a couple of weeks ago but I thought the sound was excellent so hopefully the same for Mogwai.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Got a ticket for this. Never seen Mogwai before so it'll be great to see them in a smaller venue. I've only been inside SWG3 once which was for Jon Hopkins a couple of weeks ago but I thought the sound was excellent so hopefully the same for Mogwai.

Yeah, never been inside for a gig so should be good. Seen Mogwai at that the Last Big Weekend thing a few years ago and they were good.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

the first hour was the new album, and last night at least it was completely underwhelming as a live thing.

Up to the encore there were three oldies, which were done OK but still short of what I've seen before.

And I actually bailed at that point, to go stand outside and watch the halloween kids punching each other. Much more enjoyable!

Shame, the set list looks pretty strong once you get past the new songs

Tempest
Love Is Magic
Grey Tickles, Black Pressure
Global Warming
Smug c**t
Preppy Boy
Metamorphosis
It Doesn't Matter to Him
Pale Green Ghosts
Glacier
Touch and Go
He's Got His Mother's Hips
Is He Strange
Queen of Denmark

Encore:

Marz
GMF
Black Belt
Caramel
Sigourney Weaver

1 hour ago, James96 said:

Don't know if anyone has seen Snail Mail on this recent set of shows but I went last night to the Bristol show - not good, obviously if this is her first 'big' tour it shows, her voice is really fucked and actually kind of ruined it.

Left after one song at eotr, big punch in the dick after not getting into Idles, White denim saved the night 

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Same here, third time seeing him - first was Glastonbury '16 and then caught a secret piano set at The Great Escape so this was my first full concert.

Maybe it was the fact I stood next to a group of people who had flew from Italy and Portugal to see him or that I personally really enjoy the new record, but the atmosphere was brilliant. Crowd loved him and it seemed mutual. Shame it wasn't the same at Bath

Don't know if anyone has seen Snail Mail on this recent set of shows but I went last night to the Bristol show - not good, obviously if this is her first 'big' tour it shows, her voice is really fucked and actually kind of ruined it.

Saw her in Brighton two days ago having caught her at The Great Escape and loved that show, and have listened to 'Lush' on repeat, but the gig was just tough to get through. She said she woke up 15 mins before going on stage and it showed. Her voice was off-putting and each song felt like a chore

Saw her in Manchester and she was decent, tho she did cut things short and said her voice was going so I can understand why the rest of the tour would've gone downhill. 

She was ace at the beginning of the year, so don't let it put you off. Top album and top performer. 

Had a ticket for her Manchester show but couldn’t be arsed on the day so returned it, so this is good to hear. Hope she ups her live game for festivals next year.