Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

47 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Just had a look on twitter and it's all positive from what I can see, apart from  one person moaning about the crowd. I only saw one or two gigs in 2016 that were better than Pixies in Manchester; Saturday is gonna be fucking great don't worry. I'm absolutely buzzing for it.

Yea I saw them at the Hammersmith apollo, can't remember what year , maybe 2015? And they were fucking brilliant then, I'm still well up for it, was just surprised to see a couple of negative reactions! 

8 hours ago, Quark said:

Staves and First Aid Kit in Brighton tonight were fucking immense (think it was @GETOFFAMYLAWN singing FAK's praises?). Absolutely amazing vocals from both bands, and all 5 of them getting together to do a Lykke Li track was prob the highlight of the evening.

Seeing them tonight in Brixton, very much looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Quark said:

Staves and First Aid Kit in Brighton tonight were fucking immense (think it was @GETOFFAMYLAWN singing FAK's praises?). Absolutely amazing vocals from both bands, and all 5 of them getting together to do a Lykke Li track was prob the highlight of the evening.

I thought Staves had left the tour?

Going on Sunday, looking forward to it.

8 hours ago, Quark said:

Really looking forward to Cambridge on Saturday.... a ton of vocal talent on stage.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I saw them on Friday and they were fucking great.  Maybe a couple of setlist quibbles, but they didn't forget to pack their pipes.

Didn't really know enough (or anything in  the case of Staves!) about them or the catalogue to have any thoughts on the setlist tbh, which was kinda nice in a way. But yep, 5 fantastic sets of lungs on 'em.

32 minutes ago, Quark said:

Didn't really know enough (or anything in  the case of Staves!) about them or the catalogue to have any thoughts on the setlist tbh, which was kinda nice in a way. But yep, 5 fantastic sets of lungs on 'em.

Seen them last year on the Pyramid and they smashed it (amazing vocals) so will be interesting to see the setlist comparison but i'm sure it will be new album heavy this time around which is fine by me. Looking forward to seeing them again on Sunday. 

23 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

A few Black Midi dates have just been announced, I'll be sure to get a Brighton ticket before they sell out.

Great shout, cheers for the heads-up. Definitely be up for the Joiners gig in Southampton. Seen these at GM and EotR and they're really worth a look.

It's a good week for music.

Superorganism were a lot better on Saturday than expected after being slated on here but it was in a room where only about 30% of the tickets had sold. Never seen an indoor gig with so much empty space.

Dream Wife were alright on Monday, but were outclassed by their support Queen Z in my opinion. Also a lot of middle aged men with their hands in their pockets 'phwoaring' at the lead singer - I'm not sure if they quite got the band's vibe.

Excited for Goat Girl tonight - one of my AOTY so far.

Alas Childish Gambino has postponed his show on Sunday which I was looking forward to as well. Oh well spreads things out into the spring a bit at least. 

19 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Great shout, cheers for the heads-up. Definitely be up for the Joiners gig in Southampton. Seen these at GM and EotR and they're really worth a look.

No worries, most exciting up and coming band on the planet right now! Have caught them a few times including EoTR and they never disappoint, such an interesting and compelling band. 

I'd suggest getting tickets as soon as you can, their Electrowerkz gig sold out very quickly.