Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Casting his beautiful giant craggy silhouette across the Pyramid through the thick fug of exhaled vape smoke rising from the crowd.

In my mind's eye I always confuse him slightly with Willem Dafoe. Not sure I've ever seen them in the same place now I think about it.

14 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Casting his beautiful giant craggy silhouette across the Pyramid through the thick fug of exhaled vape smoke rising from the crowd.

I've always maintained that he'd go down a storm on the Pyramid, if not even in the Legend slot, then around third on the Saturday evening.

Give him an hour, he'll give you around a dozen copper-bottomed bangers and probably All for Love too, if you're desperate. 

On 10/23/2018 at 3:19 PM, Henrik said:

The Hold Steady are coming back next year. Same deal as this year, which was awesome. 

Hopefully I will be at one of those Camden shows again. 

ths.thumb.png.aeb6e0fd5acc55622f10d105c1b3a720.png

Got Saturday tickets! 

Any suggestions for decent, cheap hotels near by?

20 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

I've always maintained that he'd go down a storm on the Pyramid, if not even in the Legend slot, then around third on the Saturday evening.

Give him an hour, he'll give you around a dozen copper-bottomed bangers and probably All for Love too, if you're desperate. 

As much as I chuckle about the Craggy Canuck you are bang on there.

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Got Saturday tickets! 

Nice work :)  

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Camden Lock when I went. Lovely hotel and less than a 5 minute walk form the Electric Ballroom. However, It's not cheap. Think I paid £175 for the night. There are loads of cheaper options around though.

Have a great night! 

24 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Got Saturday tickets! 

Decent or cheap? Can't have both in Camden. ?

We stayed at The York and Albany which was lovely. Not cheap but nothing is in London. 

To add, whatever price you see on booking always get in touch with hotel direct to see if they will give you a better rate. Booking charge 15% and often hotels will knock off at least 10% if you book direct with them. Not allowed to advertise it though. 

Edited by H.M.V
Discount tip added

1 hour ago, Henrik said:

Nice work :)  

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Camden Lock when I went. Lovely hotel and less than a 5 minute walk form the Electric Ballroom. However, It's not cheap. Think I paid £175 for the night. There are loads of cheaper options around though.

Have a great night! 

54 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Decent or cheap? Can't have both in Camden. ?

We stayed at The York and Albany which was lovely. Not cheap but nothing is in London. 

To add, whatever price you see on booking always get in touch with hotel direct to see if they will give you a better rate. Booking charge 15% and often hotels will knock off at least 10% if you book direct with them. Not allowed to advertise it though. 

30 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Camden’s not great for hotels really. I’m off to the Roundhouse for the Pixies next weekend and couldn’t get anything remotely cheap nearby, although I did leave it late.

12 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Ha!

The best value would probably be Premier Inn / Travelodge near Euston - book and pay early and it would at least be two figures, rather than three.

Thanks all, I should have known better than putting cheap in a question about London. Holiday Inn is a good shout, I stay with them a lot through work so have loyalty points I could use. Plus I get a free drink whenever I say in one :)

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Camden’s not great for hotels really. I’m off to the Roundhouse for the Pixies next weekend and couldn’t get anything remotely cheap nearby, although I did leave it late.

I sorted an Airbnb for Lily Allen in December at Roundhouse for about 50 pounds after seeing fuck all hotels

19 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Seeing Chromeo at Printworks London next Thursday - first time seeing them and my first time at the Printworks venue, very much looking forward to this.

Printworks is a really good venue, though the toilets are a bit of a trek and it takes an age to get out. 

enjoy it!

I'd urge anyone here to start listening to, and get along to a gig by Dermot Kennedy. The lad hasn't released an album yet and is selling out gigs across Europe. Sold out 4 nights at Dublin's Olympia this morning.

I saw him at Electric Picnic last month here in Ireland. Tent was jammed and he was amazing. Hell of a voice on him. I'll be amazed if he's not on the farm next year.

4 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Printworks is a really good venue, though the toilets are a bit of a trek and it takes an age to get out. 

enjoy it!

I'm super excited to check it out - and thanks for the heads up!

4 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

I remember before it opened, thinking that Printworks would either be a total mess or completely slick and soulless but it's such a good venue. They've absolutely nailed it.

That's good to hear - I was speaking to a friend the other week after seeing some Insta pics he posted of a gig, and he described it as his current favourite best London venue. Expectations are high!

On 10/25/2018 at 4:32 PM, djdavejohnson said:

Seeing Chromeo at Printworks London next Thursday - first time seeing them and my first time at the Printworks venue, very much looking forward to this. Good chance it seems they'll be at the farm year too for those that missed this:

Edit: Removed what I thought would be a Twitter embeded thingy, but instead was just a really long URL thingy. Tech isn't my forte ?

Edit, Edit: Sorted!

I tweeted Chromeo 10 days ago asking them if they were coming to Glastonbury but they haven’t replied ???. Let us know how the Printworks gig goes, love them

1 hour ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I tweeted Chromeo 10 days ago asking them if they were coming to Glastonbury but they haven’t replied ???. Let us know how the Printworks gig goes, love them

Ah maybe that's a sign they are playing though... they're on full Glasto lockdown mode! Will report back - been looking forward to this one for a while!