Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not aware of that.

The only time i'm aware of her ruling out an act who then headlined was Stevie Wonder. I've asked her about that and she assured me that he wasn't in the frame to play at the time she said it.

Yeah my mistake, she ruled her out the year before she played. My old mind is confused by years :)

20 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

October Drift winter tour announced ... Yay Exeter :) 
IMG_2497.thumb.png.b2b445f9af233dbac4ff0e72554e02ae.png

Some dates seem to be unavailable to get tickets for? And the venues themselves haven't announced this. Any reason for this? I'm looking specifically at the Bath date.

Also, The Wonder Years have a Bristol date on their website, but on the Bristol O2 page it says Mayday Parade + The Wonder Years. Can someone please enlighten my tiny brain as to how this works? Do they play one after the other? Do they play together a mixture of the two bands' songs?

*Edited as I completely messed up the quoting system.

Edited by Display-Name

35 minutes ago, Display-Name said:

Some dates seem to be unavailable to get tickets for? And the venues themselves haven't announced this. Any reason for this? I'm looking specifically at the Bath date.

Also, The Wonder Years have a Bristol date on their website, but on the Bristol O2 page it says Mayday Parade + The Wonder Years. Can someone please enlighten my tiny brain as to how this works? Do they play one after the other? Do they play together a mixture of the two bands' songs?

*Edited as I completely messed up the quoting system.

ive asked them this ... they are trying to fix the issue :) ... so hold fire or follow them on fb where they will say when they have fixed it .. as for the venue thing they only announced the tour yesterday eve so just presume the venues haven't updated at the same time ... I cant get exeter either yet :) 

35 minutes ago, jparx said:

TOOL for Glasto 2019 begins here.

Just to check, is there any reason that this can't happen??? It's not down as a UK festival exclusive - and Tool's announced tours does seem to mostly have a gap of 2 days or so between sets until 20th June Denmark - 25th June Switzerland  - 30th June Spain. But where would they go...? Other? I somehow can't see it ?

Jesus though, assuming I've submitted my thesis before June, I am suddenly very fucking interested in volunteering Download with Oxfam....

17 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Just to check, is there any reason that this can't happen??? It's not down as a UK festival exclusive - and Tool's announced tours does seem to mostly have a gap of 2 days or so between sets until 20th June Denmark - 25th June Switzerland  - 30th June Spain. But where would they go...? Other? I somehow can't see it ?

Jesus though, assuming I've submitted my thesis before June, I am suddenly very fucking interested in volunteering Download with Oxfam....

Don't see why they'd bother headlining Other at Glasto to probably a small crowd who aren't that interested in them, when they seemingly headline every festival they play and could just do some of their own shows if they wanna do anything on top of Download.

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive asked them this ... they are trying to fix the issue :) ... so hold fire or follow them on fb where they will say when they have fixed it .. as for the venue thing they only announced the tour yesterday eve so just presume the venues haven't updated at the same time ... I cant get exeter either yet :) 

Ah cheers, thanks for clearing that up ?

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Don't see why they'd bother headlining Other at Glasto to probably a small crowd who aren't that interested in them, when they seemingly headline every festival they play and could just do some of their own shows if they wanna do anything on top of Download.

Oh yeh..... :( Not much time either side to squeeze another UK date in. Well, I enjoyed the little flash of excitement while it lasted

34 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

No reason it can't happen other than it just doesn't feel like it could happen. That being said, I feel like if it was their only UK festival Download would be touting that, so perhaps there's a glimmer of hope. I just can't really see Glastonbury booking them though. Other headliner would be the only slot for them.

Download Sunday day ticket is complete goer. Just hope there are still some tickets left - it's their first UK show in what, 9/10 years, so the demand could be huge. 

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

No reason it can't happen other than it just doesn't feel like it could happen. That being said, I feel like if it was their only UK festival Download would be touting that, so perhaps there's a glimmer of hope. I just can't really see Glastonbury booking them though. Other headliner would be the only slot for them.

Download Sunday day ticket is complete goer. Just hope there are still some tickets left - it's their first UK show in what, 9/10 years, so the demand could be huge. 

Have they claimed any acts as exclusive yet? It'll certainly be Slipknot's only UK fest, too.