Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Shame Toto have been ruled out. Africa just came on the radio and I realised how brilliant a mass drunken singalong it would be.

You'll find the opportunity to have a mass drunken singalong to it somewhere anyway.   I remember it going off at the power ballads thing in Williams Green last time,

9 minutes ago, RyanS said:

You'll find the opportunity to have a mass drunken singalong to it somewhere anyway.   I remember it going off at the power ballads thing in Williams Green last time,

Africa pretty much closed my festival last year: some brass band in Avalon - last band on Sunday night. It was rather brilliant.

1 hour ago, McCor said:

Maybe she isn't technically lying, maybe they haven't officially been booked..... yet?

Tend to agree that it's unlikely and as much as I would love to see them I kind of think they don't deserve it for always chasing the money i.e IOW a few years ago. 

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

After being widely agreed as 'ambitious', this fuckin Pink stadium tour sold out in minutes. What is HAPPENING?

Not too surprising surely, first shows for five years, and she's sold a hellluva lot of records. Big fanbase, and most will have grown up enough to afford the tickets now

Love to see her on the Pyramid next yr

7 minutes ago, billum said:

Not too surprising surely, first shows for five years, and she's sold a hellluva lot of records. Big fanbase, and most will have grown up enough to afford the tickets now

Love to see her on the Pyramid next yr

She played V last year and sales were apparently abysmal. Now she’s clocking Sheeran or Coldplay levels of demand, and people are still talking about her playing the Ellie Goulding slot at Glastonbury. It’s definitely surprising.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She played V last year and sales were apparently abysmal. Now she’s clocking Sheeran or Coldplay levels of demand, and people are still talking about her playing the Ellie Goulding slot at Glastonbury. It’s definitely surprising.

Oh I missed that she'd done V badly, OK well she's just the comeback kid then ain't she, or else she's rich enough to have bought all the tickets to her shows herself just to look good enough to bag a high Glasto spot

Pink's been a touring force to be reckoned with for years now.  She's got a huge, wide-reaching audience made up largely of the sort of people that won't go to festivals.  I'm not at all surprised by the amount of ticket's she's sold.   I think she could have sold even more if the tour had been announced when she was promoting What About Us and the album last year.

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Wtf who is even buying those tickets

I helped a few husbands / boyfriends / parents yesterday get tickets. It was largely promoted that Ticket-disaster was the place to buy them, however, See Tickets also had a pre-sale, so I directed people there and they managed to get them. Even though I didn't manage to get a Glastonbury ticket with them this year (yet), they are by far the best ticket outlet in my opinion. Ticketmaster just went to a holding page for a good few hours with no updates being provided.

I'm hoping for the good-will to come back round in April.....

1 minute ago, RyanS said:

Pink's been a touring force to be reckoned with for years now.  She's got a huge, wide-reaching audience made up largely of the sort of people that won't go to festivals.  I'm not at all surprised by the amount of ticket's she's sold.   I think she could have sold even more if the tour had been announced when she was promoting What About Us and the album last year.

Or maybe they just don't go to V (I mean, not surprising), which could explain her not doing well there. There's plenty of excitement on here for her possible showing at G tbf

3 hours ago, McCor said:

Do we think Emily has said Fleetwood Mac aren't booked, with the view of having to let them sell out the tour before announcing them?

If she was evading a direct question about them then maybe, but to announce, without prompting, that they, Madonna and Led Zeppelin wouldn’t be doing it seems pretty definite. She made a similar announcement in late 2016 ruling out The Stone Roses and someone else.

4 minutes ago, billum said:

Or maybe they just don't go to V (I mean, not surprising), which could explain her not doing well there. There's plenty of excitement on here for her possible showing at G tbf

Yet nobody really mentions her for a headline slot, which she obviously would be as it transpires she’s a bigger seller than Beyoncé or Swift and is close to Sheeran or Adele levels of demand.

8 minutes ago, Starscreenbass said:

Didnt she also rule out Adele and then she did actual play.....i may have imagined this

I'm not aware of that.

The only time i'm aware of her ruling out an act who then headlined was Stevie Wonder. I've asked her about that and she assured me that he wasn't in the frame to play at the time she said it.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yet nobody really mentions her for a headline slot, which she obviously would be as it transpires she’s a bigger seller than Beyoncé or Swift and is close to Sheeran or Adele levels of demand.

Yes it'd have to be the Friday with her other dates, and that'd be four nights in a row and she's not doing more than two in a row anywhere else - not really looking that likely. Maybe 2020 if she fancies a one-off, but this tour's making it less likely for next year I reckon, not more

16 minutes ago, Starscreenbass said:

Didnt she also rule out Adele and then she did actual play.....i may have imagined this

You have imagined this one, all Emily said was that she would love her to play and that she agreed it would be a big coup for them to get her. I think the same interviewer then mentioned that she didn't play festivals and Emily didn't say much more. 

• Like 1