Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Bit confused here, really. Blossoms' December tour is their biggest yet and it all sold out instantly including Brixton. Not sure how that is their decline starting.

Definitely not instantly, but it sold quicker than their album release tour yeah. Still barely any growth from their first album tour and I can't imagine them going onto much bigger from there on, because of the direction their output seems to be going in.

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

BBC never reached the level alt-J did, though, did they? Before last year alt-J had subbed R&L and headlined Latitude, and were being spoken of as a legitimate candidate to headline R&L and seemed to still be on the rise, before their last album didn't perform so well.

Before BBC disappeared they headlined the NME stage at R&L and played third down the Other Stage at Glasto. Two years prior to that R&L slot they'd played third down the main stage, so I'd say they'd plateaud at that point anyway.

Maybe there'd be increased interest in them if they return but I can't really see it, personally. I always saw alt-J as more of a mainstream concern, too, which obviously lends itself to something like headlining the Other Stage at Glasto.

I'd put BBC more on the level of The Vaccines than alt-J.

That 2012 slot was too high but then they were a pretty big NME headliner in 2014. And, as I've said, their venues, chart positions, album reception - and Glasto spot - all seemed to corroborate that they were a band in the ascendancy before they logged out.

They had to play earlier than headline in 2014 cos so many people wanted to see them and Arctic Monkeys if I remember correctly. They were a pretty big deal at that point, and I think the reunion hype would push them even higher for 12 months or so.

Agree with you Gucci that Alt J have been a bigger proposition in the past, but in 2017 I think their headliner potential had been and gone, and BBC could see that level as realistic. 

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Definitely not instantly, but it sold quicker than their album release tour yeah. Still barely any growth from their first album tour and I can't imagine them going onto much bigger from there on, because of the direction their output seems to be going in.

Roundhouse to Brixton Academy is nearly trebling in size, using London as the barometer. Brixton sold instantly, Roundhouse took a while to sell out on the first album tour and that one was NME tour-supported. This album tour is undoubtedly bigger and sold faster than their last tour.  There's no evidence they are in decline.

1 hour ago, RyanS said:

I imagine all the gaps are just there to add in multiple dates at the venues if ticket sales go well.    I can't imagine Westlife turning up at Glastonbury!

Let's hope that you won't need to sing in March 'Can't believe that i'm a fool again' :) 

• Upvote 1