Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Just now, briddj said:

That's not me saying they'll give it to Blossoms, BTW, it's me saying it won't be BBC. 

Oh okay but the difference between Blossoms - who started their decline at some point after the first album - and Bombay Bicycle Club - who have climbed with every release and reached the heights I listed a couple of posts back - is pretty vast and Bombay Bicycle Club would definitely get the gig if it was a straight shootout between the two at any point in the future. Blossoms should probably wind it up after this Stockport stadium gig.

Anyway, I'm really perplexed as to why it seems ridiculous to some. I'm not a fan of them at all (admittedly haven't ever given them much of a go) but they were pushing onto arenas before they left off and I don't see an argument as to why their stock would plummet if they were to come back.

13 hours ago, zico martin said:

That doesn't even look like East 17. Seriously who the fuck are they? Lol

According to Wikipedia, Terry is the only original member. I have no idea which of those three jokers is Terry.

So they no longer have the chief songwriter and one with any talent, the one with the voice and questionable driving abilities, or the other one.

All that's left is the other other one. It'd be like going to see The Prodigy to find out it's Leeroy and three blokes he met in a shopping centre.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Ticketmaster currently doing 50% off all Bluesfest tickets at the O2 next weekend.

That's Fogerty & Steve Miller; Plant & Van; Zac Brown & Beth Hart; Counting Crows & Alison Krauss; Robert Cray (Indigo).

I'm going to Plant & Van , but surprised it hasn't sold well. Two music legends in one night sounds like it'll be great

13 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Bombay Bicycle Club headlining the Other Stage.

jesus fucking christ this place :lol::lol::lol:

even Bring Me The Horizon headlining the Other a couple of years ago was more credible than this nonsense.

Alt-J got that slot last year; I don't really see what's laughable about a reunited BBC being (at least) on their level. And they'd easily get a bigger crowd than what it sounds like BBK mustered up.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Alt-J get a big crowd did they?

I have no idea tbh. I ended up having an early night cos I couldn't manage even a tiny bit of interest in any of the headline options. I assume they did ok as I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise, whereas the BBK one gets mentioned all the time due to nobody showing up for it.

BBC never reached the level alt-J did, though, did they? Before last year alt-J had subbed R&L and headlined Latitude, and were being spoken of as a legitimate candidate to headline R&L and seemed to still be on the rise, before their last album didn't perform so well.

Before BBC disappeared they headlined the NME stage at R&L and played third down the Other Stage at Glasto. Two years prior to that R&L slot they'd played third down the main stage, so I'd say they'd plateaud at that point anyway.

Maybe there'd be increased interest in them if they return but I can't really see it, personally. I always saw alt-J as more of a mainstream concern, too, which obviously lends itself to something like headlining the Other Stage at Glasto.

I'd put BBC more on the level of The Vaccines than alt-J.

17 hours ago, zico martin said:

Which one of those is Brian then? Or Tony?

And which one is the other 2 backing 'dancers'?

Perhaps I shouldn't admit to knowing this but neither Brian or Tony are involved anymore.  It's the 2 backing dancers plus Robbie Craig (of that Artful Dodger song fame).

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Oh okay but the difference between Blossoms - who started their decline at some point after the first album - and Bombay Bicycle Club - who have climbed with every release and reached the heights I listed a couple of posts back - is pretty vast and Bombay Bicycle Club would definitely get the gig if it was a straight shootout between the two at any point in the future. Blossoms should probably wind it up after this Stockport stadium gig.

Anyway, I'm really perplexed as to why it seems ridiculous to some. I'm not a fan of them at all (admittedly haven't ever given them much of a go) but they were pushing onto arenas before they left off and I don't see an argument as to why their stock would plummet if they were to come back.

Bit confused here, really. Blossoms' December tour is their biggest yet and it all sold out instantly including Brixton. Not sure how that is their decline starting.

7 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I'm surprised I haven't actually seen this advertised around tow/uni. What absolute jokers. 

And what on earth have they been doing to those jackets?

Do it.  Go on our behalf and report back. You'll have a great time, I'm sure :ninja:

6 hours ago, Fishman said:

Ticketmaster currently doing 50% off all Bluesfest tickets at the O2 next weekend.

That's Fogerty & Steve Miller; Plant & Van; Zac Brown & Beth Hart; Counting Crows & Alison Krauss; Robert Cray (Indigo).

Have you got a link? Can't seem to find anything about the offer.