Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Just now, Crossfit Jesus said:

Isn't it quite a frequent thing that acts say that and just mean own shows though? Swear I've seen people say that before but then sneakily do a festival. 

It happens, albeit for much smaller artists.

If Pianohead says it’s the only UK date - as he has done a few consecutive years now - then he’s probably sticking to it.

So, nothing official til tomorrow but it looks like Pink will start up at the Millennium Stadium on Thurs 20th June, jump to Hampden Park on Sat 22nd, back down to Anfield midweek and then finish off with a duo at Wembley weekend of Glasto.

No exact dates on those later ones, but if they're Thursday/Friday, then she could be a distant shout to sub Macca on the Sunday...nine years on from doing it at IOW.

(I've been maintaining for ages that she should headline outright and she's also part of my dream trio.)

1 minute ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

So, nothing official til tomorrow but it looks like Pink will start up at the Millennium Stadium on Thurs 20th June, jump to Hampden Park on Sat 22nd, back down to Anfield midweek and then finish off with a duo at Wembley weekend of Glasto.

No exact dates on those later ones, but if they're Thursday/Friday, then she could be a distant shout to sub Macca on the Sunday...nine years on from doing it at IOW.

(I've been maintaining for ages that she should headline outright and she's also part of my dream trio.)

Two nights at Wembley Stadium is insane. I don't understand it.

If she's doing that then I don't quite know why she'd be willing to play less than headline at Glastonbury. At least when Katy Perry played Saturday evening, it was when she was set to do two nights at the O2.

What can you fit in? Beyonce had a 50,000 "sell-out" for Cardiff, Springsteen got a 45,000 "sell-out" in Hampden. Anfield can probably do around 35,000-40,000 and then two at Wembley at around 70,000...

It's about 280,000 to 285,000 tickets. Given her latest record has shifted almost half a million over here (I think), maybe not too much of a stretch.

20 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

What can you fit in? Beyonce had a 50,000 "sell-out" for Cardiff, Springsteen got a 45,000 "sell-out" in Hampden. Anfield can probably do around 35,000-40,000 and then two at Wembley at around 70,000...

It's about 280,000 to 285,000 tickets. Given her latest record has shifted almost half a million over here (I think), maybe not too much of a stretch.

That assumes every other person who bought her last album will buy a ticket to one of her gigs. Seems a stretch to me.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

That assumes every other person who bought her last album will buy a ticket to one of her gigs. Seems a stretch to me.

Based on the album sales it would require just over half of the people who purchased her last album to go and see her. That's not so ambitious. Then there's the people who will go to get a name ticked off bucket lists and those poor souls who will get dragged along with partners.

9 hours ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

Where would he fit in? Only place I can see it is legend and we already know that's a female act. 

Although last years legend slot followed by Chic felt like two legends for the price of one? Maybe he'll be on after the non Uk female legend?