Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Visited YES for the first time yesterday, gonna be some great gigs and nights there when they work out the kinks, bit annoying that sound problems limited Lets Eat Grandma to 3 songs (didn't even play Hot Pink in the pink room, missed opportunity)  but it was all free so it's chilled. Hopefully when the hype dies down the bar queues won't be so mad. Exciting anyway.

Edited by priest17
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Visited YES for the first time yesterday, gonna be some great gigs and nights there when they work out the kinks, but annoying that sound problems limited Lets Eat Grandma to 3 songs (didn't even play Hot Pink in the pink room, missed opportunity)  but it was all free so it's chilled. Hopefully when the hype dies down the bar queues won't be so mad. Exciting anyway.

Hopefully I'll be checking it out tonight before the League of Gentlemen at the Apollo. Photos look great on twitter.

Won some tickets to Jess Glynne at the Albert Hall tomorrow so might bob down for that one.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

1 minute ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Hopefully I'll be checking it out tonight before the League of Gentlemen at the Apollo. Photos look great on twitter.

Worth popping your head round the door for a bit at least. I'll probably wander down again tomorrow afternoon to see it when it's not absolutely rammo ahah.

Ffs got probably my only Cribs fix of 2018 last night and barely even remember the gig. And they did one of my favourite deep cuts, Nothing, for the first time in nearly 9 years. Pretty cool setlist with that and Baby Don't Sweat in there, I was expecting a less interesting one. Glad that they didn't end on Pink Snow, hope they ditch that one for a while now. Great song but it's gone kinda stale finishing on that.

4 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

Suede appartently played Coming Up in full at the Brudenell last night. As if I wasn't already gutted enough about missing out on tickets. That was the first proper album I owned (on good old cassette!). Ah well.

It wasn't quite in full but near enough! And it was proper proper good!!

Seen a leaked (maybe fake so cba posting it here) Metallica tour with a massive Glasto shaped hole mid-tour. Not that I'm speculating about them returning to play but it's fantastic to see that Lars is still so totally in love with the place that he's taking time out of entertaining tens of thousands of fans to do what we do; trudge around fields, eating baguettes and stuff.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Seen a leaked (maybe fake so cba posting it here) Metallica tour with a massive Glasto shaped hole mid-tour. Not that I'm speculating about them returning to play but it's fantastic to see that Lars is still so totally in love with the place that he's taking time out of entertaining tens of thousands of fans to do what we do; trudge around fields, eating baguettes and stuff.

15 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

IMG_20180924_090050.jpg

Christ that's a massive hole. And almost a whole week to recover. Lars must really smash it :lol: 

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I keep hearing bad things about Metallica live. Multiple friends have said theyve seen them (at different shows) and that they've been some of the worst concerts they've ever been to...

Seen them twice, once at Glasto and once at their own show, both times they were outstanding. Can't speak for the shows they went to but they really are masters of their craft. Except Lars. 

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Likely for Download? Although that's not much of a window tbf

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

not sure it's that. They're taking half of May off too.