Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

All sorted for The 1975! They're gonna do well to match/top the outstanding Parklife set from last year but let's see. 

Tickets did go live about a minute early though; Ticketmaster are genuinely useless. I've never missed out on tickets but I still hate them cos you never know what to expect.

White Lies presale is also live, so I've bagged a few tickets for them in Liverpool as well. No postage fees through their site.

Edited by Odessa

17 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Soz but this one's just true, Roxy's Hamilton-esque, pop art shtick of 'artist as concept' is just as influential to pretty much the entire decade of post-glam British art school types that followed as Bowie's 'artist as performance'. 

No For Your Pleasure, no Sex Pistols, for one thing. 

Early Roxy were undoubtedly hugely unique and influential, but within a few years Ferry seemed content to settle into churning out sophisticated pop that had lost the spark of the early days. When’s the last essential album he released? 

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I got through and had clicked the verified by visa stuff then it said I'd exceeded the time limit and released the tickets, even though it had just turned 9:01. Will hopefully have better luck with seetickets on Friday.

This happened to me, lost dead good seats and then I had to spend about another 20 minutes repeatedly rejecting crappy side-on restricted view. Got there eventually though, thank the lord.

12 hours ago, henry bear said:

Early Roxy were undoubtedly hugely unique and influential, but within a few years Ferry seemed content to settle into churning out sophisticated pop that had lost the spark of the early days. When’s the last essential album he released? 

To be fair the entire Roxy output was stunning, right up to the end of Avalon (OK forget the compilations and live dross). Not a clunker to be had anywhere

As a solo artist Ferry started very well, veered off into very worrying cover-version terriTory, and then sadly ended quite abysmally

Thankfully, live he seems to have as much amnesia over most of those later solo albums as most of his fans are trying hard to achieve...

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Mitski was sick last night and I'm pretty sure I saw @GETOFFAMYLAWN walk in.

Get her on the Park Stage in the evening. Similar slot to Angel Olsen last year. 

Didn't say hello tho did you young man? I did peer around to see if I could spot you before she came on but was fruitless.

Thought she was p shit really. I had half a mind to walk out for most of it. Frustrated the shit out of me when she finally picked up a guitar for two songs and gave us a taste of what she's really about. My heart sank again when she got the band back on.

12 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Didn't say hello tho did you young man? I did peer around to see if I could spot you before she came on but was fruitless.

Thought she was p shit really. I had half a mind to walk out for most of it. Frustrated the shit out of me when she finally picked up a guitar for two songs and gave us a taste of what she's really about. My heart sank again when she got the band back on.

I would have done but I was in the middle of the crowd waiting for my mate to get back from the bar with drinks. You headed in my direction when you walked behind the crowd and down the left hand side. I was gonna shout you down but you weren't close enough.

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

That Vaccines secret gig was ace. In Victoria Baths, so and old swimming pool, free Jack Daniel's all night, massively undersold so plenty of space, and the band were well on form. Nice one. 

Can't even give away enough tickets to fill Victoria Baths. Sad!