Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 9/7/2018 at 12:00 PM, doogie said:

Gladys Knight is free on the Friday:

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/music/gladys-knight-tour-uk-tickets-london-royal-albert-hall-a3929921.html

The full 2019 tour dates are:

June 22 — Manchester 02 Apollo
June 23 — Leeds First Direct Arena 
June 24 — Birmingham Symphony Hall 
June 26 — London Royal Albert Hall
June 27 — London Royal Albert Hall
June 29 — Bournemouth International Centre
June 30 — Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
July 1 — Glasgow Royal Concert Hall

It's a sign:

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2018 at 6:48 PM, Gnomicide said:

Craig Finn & Jesse Malin at Manc Deaf Institute. Nice.

This was incredible. It was switched to Night & Day Cafe which I thought was a great venue but means I've still not been to the Deaf Institute. 

The opening act was enjoyable enough, great voice but not so great that I made an effort to find out his name.

Jesse Malin was his usual superb self, just him and one bloke on guitar/piano. Great stories between songs and a couple of choice covers (Pogues & Neil Young). He continues to wear the crown of The Most New York bloke fron New York.

On to Craig and we got around 45 minutes of solo stuff, just him and an acoustic, he started with God In Chicago which even without the piano is the best song of the last few years. Like a movie condensed into 6 minutes.

Then Craig says "The reason I never play any Hold Steady songs is because I only write the words to them and it doesn't feel right to play them. However... Tad Kubler is here." So up jumps Tad and we get about 25 minutes of Hold Steady stuff. Amazing, and all for £15. I'd have paid that for Hoodrat Friend alone.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The 1975 tour. Any idea on prices? On seetickets it's £35.75 for standing at the Glasgow show, but guessing it'll be more in London?

IMG_3745.JPG

I think that's them doing it outright, they are defo expecting/leaving space to add another London date. I still think they could have done Leeds Direct and been fine.