Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Got my eye on Strange Waves IV in Manchester in October. The others have had pretty cool lineups, and I had a bit of a listen to Brian Jonestown Massacre before Green Man. Not very extensively as it turned out they clashed with The War On Drugs but they sounded good. Not too dissimilar to The Dandy Warhols which is obviously a positive. I won't be living in Manchester for a while so it makes sense to tie in a gig with a day City are at home, if anyone can vouch for BJM being worth seeing? And Flamingods I guess, but I dunno anything about them at all as of yet. 

11 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Got my eye on Strange Waves IV in Manchester in October. The others have had pretty cool lineups, and I had a bit of a listen to Brian Jonestown Massacre before Green Man. Not very extensively as it turned out they clashed with The War On Drugs but they sounded good. Not too dissimilar to The Dandy Warhols which is obviously a positive. I won't be living in Manchester for a while so it makes sense to tie in a gig with a day City are at home, if anyone can vouch for BJM being worth seeing? And Flamingods I guess, but I dunno anything about them at all as of yet. 

You may well have already seen it but if you’re into The Dandy Warhols and BJM then this is well worth a watch. I’ve seen them a couple of times and they were alright live but they seem quite hit and miss, they play pretty long sets too from what I remember.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

You may well have already seen it but if you’re into The Dandy Warhols and BJM then this is well worth a watch. I’ve seen them a couple of times and they were alright live but they seem quite hit and miss, they play pretty long sets too from what I remember.

Cheers! I know it's meant to be good, but I've never seen it and didn't actually know it was about The Dandys as well as BJM. I'll defo aim to give it a watch this week.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

There must be one dodgy New Order album he hasn’t played live in full yet? The ‘Get Ready’ Tour?

Would anyone be interested though mate? 

After all I have said, I am going to Leeds next Feb to see him for my 40th. Also going to a warm up gig for this tour in Clitheroe next month and will be seeing him do a talk at Salford Lads Club with Mani, next month. ?? 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Here's a band I'd love to see at Glastonbury. Other Stage or even the Hell Stage would be great. Always a lot of fun and Benji is a great front man 

YES! They ripped up Boomtown last year, it was great. Fantastic festival band.

Saw them again in Southampton earlier in the year and have loads of other gigs bought around those dates so not sure about this date though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

More Jarvis Cocker dates on the horizon. Maybe Jarv Is... is the title of the new album? Has anyone ever met him?

Not sure how big his solo stuff is these days but maybe a potential Park headliner or something? Could definitely see him playing if he has new stuff out. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Not sure how big his solo stuff is these days but maybe a potential Park headliner or something? Could definitely see him playing if he has new stuff out. 

Given that the Park is his natural habitat it seems a natural fit. Only danger would be it being flooded by people turning up expecting Pulp stuff.