Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Why does what a person rep is a bloody festival forum dictate what kind of seller they are?, if it does then there is something wrong?

I had tickets and was selling them face value on here, I've sold tickets face value on gum tree or whatever but let's not forget....maybe they should check a forum rep with silly vote up/vote down feedback from people they don't even know before hand. Think about it for a second!

I wouldn't trust someone who publicly wears blackface to sell me tickets tbf.

Speaking of The Libertines I was listening to Anthems For Doomed Youth the other day. I maintain that it’s actually very good, far better than it had any right to be, it shits all over their terrible second album.

As a live proposition these days, yeah not so good. Agree with what was said above that the hype around their return has worn off and they’re just playing to diminishing returns now.

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Why does what a person rep is a bloody festival forum dictate what kind of seller they are?, if it does then there is something wrong?

I had tickets and was selling them face value on here, I've sold tickets face value on gum tree or whatever but let's not forget....maybe they should check a forum rep with silly vote up/vote down feedback from people they don't even know before hand. Think about it for a second!

Why do people get upvoted here? All sorts of reasons; acts of kindness, helpfulness, making people laugh etc - ostensibly it's a reflection of the positivity you bring to the forum. Granted, it's not a reflection of someone's reputation as a ticket seller, but I'd be very surprised to be scammed by someone with such a good rep here.

5 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Why do people get upvoted here? All sorts of reasons; acts of kindness, helpfulness, making people laugh etc - ostensibly it's a reflection of the positivity you bring to the forum. Granted, it's not a reflection of someone's reputation as a ticket seller, but I'd be very surprised to be scammed by someone with such a good rep here.

Yes I got that, but it's not a reflection at all on ticket selling. It's not like it takes much effort to upvote or downvote.

I have a ludicrously -rep on here...it's not an issue, but the people outside of this  who know me know I've just raised a bucket load for charity in the London Marathon and now am running to raise for two causes in aid of two seperate friends of mine that helped me fund....no I don't want applause for that but in the same context do I sound like someone who's going to scam someone?. And tbf those on here that have stalked my FB will probably be aware of that by now. 

We are all behind a keyboard....a few of us will bump into each other at some point maybe but bar that you're an opinion behind a screen.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Best way is to get into a Foo Fighters gig.

8 hours ago, henry bear said:

I can guarantee you Glastonbury tickets. Very cheap.

fonejacker_george.jpg

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The O2 arena site. I couldn't see anything that suggested the seats are VIP or anything like that 

I just had a look on their site; you're right - £190 plus £20+ 'service charge'. And this is for upper tier. I can only assume this is either via a third party that O2 aren't openly acknowledging, that it's their own scam, or, as I suspect, Mr H Jass is right and Bono is, indeed, a complete c*nt.

5 hours ago, henry bear said:

I just had a look on their site; you're right - £190 plus £20+ 'service charge'. And this is for upper tier. I can only assume this is either via a third party that O2 aren't openly acknowledging, that it's their own scam, or, as I suspect, Mr H Jass is right and Bono is, indeed, a complete c*nt.

Face value is that expensive. It was around £80 standing, £170 or £220 seating depending on where you sat for manchester.

Plus there is a RED Zone standing (VIP) at about £300. 

I got a standing ticket at £80. I wasnt going to go, but someone twisted my arm. 

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Face value is that expensive. It was around £80 standing, £170 or £220 seating depending on where you sat for manchester.

Plus there is a RED Zone standing (VIP) at about £300. 

I got a standing ticket at £80. I wasnt going to go, but someone twisted my arm. 

It's a sad state of affairs when an act as big as U2 haven't sold out a couple of nights at the O2 because of their ticket prices.

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

It's a sad state of affairs when an act as big as U2 haven't sold out a couple of nights at the O2 because of their ticket prices.

To be fair, it's also going to be because their last few albums have been utter tripe, and the current set list really reflects that. Fuck paying that kind of money.

Robert plant can still sing but don't expect too much led Zeppelin style stuff. He throws a few in but mixes some of them up a bit. The band is very good too. Check set list fm to see if it's your thing. Van morrison saw him twice in quick succession. Once phoned it in terribly  (last song sang off stage. We were in the pub by half 9. Second time smashed it - as many 'hits' (things I wanted to hear anyway) as coils reasonably expect and toned down the jazz thing. He is never bob Dylan bad but can be a challenge. 

Can't help on John forgerty.  Last time was glastonbury.he was very good but it was 12 years ago and I think I was a broken man by the time he came on . 2007. It rained a lot.

Edited by danmarks
Random made up words cos auto correct has gone sentinent
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How are John Fogerty, Robert Plant, and Van Morrisson live these days? Those Bluesfest shows are tempting me but they are all getting on a bit...

Saw Plant in May at Bearded Theory, absolutely fantastic as long as you're not one of the idiots expecting him to do Stairway*. His band are superb, you'll get the odd Zepplin track but they may not be that recognisable. Then again, I listen to his solo work a lot more than I listen to Zep so maybe it's just me.

Saw Van Morrison at Feis in July, thought he was excellent but again, a lot of people expecting a hits laden set seemed disappointed. Though looking back, it looks pretty good to me:

Astral Weeks
The Way Young Lovers Do
Sweet Thing
Thanks for the Information
Foreign Window
One Irish Rover
Have I Told You Lately
I Can't Stop Loving You (Don Gibson cover)
Baby Please Don't Go
Moondance
Broken Record
Jackie Wilson Said
Got My Mojo Working (Ann Cole cover)
Brown Eyed Girl

Not a clue on Fogerty

*(denied)