Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 8/10/2018 at 11:13 AM, Quark said:

Dammit.  This got me checking eGigs again.  Dubioza Kolectiv, BC Camplight and Ought all playing Brighton in November...

We stumbled across Dubious Kolectiv at Boomtown without even knowing about their existence previously. My god, so good!!! Probably the most fun thing I saw the whole weekend - I definitely recommend giving them a go (if you haven't seen them before?)! I think we're planning on seeing them again on the tour too :) 

57 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How are The Libertines live? They're headlining a festival in Kent, £27.50 for the day. Not too familiar with any of the other acts but still pretty cheap. They've said it's going to be their last show for the foreseeable future.

Worth it?

It's fun enough if your a fan, not sure they're in a state to win too many people over these days though. 

I'd go for it.

30 minutes ago, priest17 said:

It's fun enough if your a fan, not sure they're in a state to win too many people over these days though. 

I'd go for it.

It is tempting. I'm sure i'd probably enjoy it after a few drinks anyway. Plus got a lot of friends in Kent so would be a good day out.

Why did The Libertines fall in popularity so quickly? 2014 they headlined BST Hyde Park, 2015 they headlined Reading/Leeds, but now they only headline small festivals...

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

It is tempting. I'm sure i'd probably enjoy it after a few drinks anyway. Plus got a lot of friends in Kent so would be a good day out.

Why did The Libertines fall in popularity so quickly? 2014 they headlined BST Hyde Park, 2015 they headlined Reading/Leeds, but now they only headline small festivals...

I think it’s because they lost their rarity. Before they reformed for R&L in 2010 they’d had years of being hyped up by NME and I guess as a result they had a lot of newer fans who were maybe too young for them first time around. After Hyde Park, Glastonbury, R&L and TITP I think everyone who really wanted to see them had done so and they seemed to lose a lot of momentum. The last album didn’t really seem to do too well either from what I remember. 

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How are The Libertines live? They're headlining a festival in Kent, £27.50 for the day. Not too familiar with any of the other acts but still pretty cheap. They've said it's going to be their last show for the foreseeable future.

Worth it?

They are baaaaad at the moment. Like genuinely awful. They were fine at Glasto a couple years ago but their show at Truck last year was utterly shambolic and the worst headline set I've seen, they could barely hold themselves together. 

5 hours ago, eastynh said:

I am going to watch Cancer Bats and then Underworld. I have no idea who Cancer Bats are, what am I letting myself in for?

Human League in Berlin this November as well.

Cancer Bats are a pretty good hardcore band...although if hardcore isn't your thing it may not be the easiest sell.

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Cancer Bats are a pretty good hardcore band...although if hardcore isn't your thing it may not be the easiest sell.

I listen to electro pop, disco and Italian House. I was to go to a moshers gig though, just to see what they are like.

Will resist listening to them beforehand and see what it is like on the night. Cheers fella.

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

lol, someone who has over 1900 rep on a festival forum is a reliable ticket seller suddenly! Jesus!.....that's one person who takes forum rep way too seriously and needs to get out more! 

No offence, but I would have more confidence than buying off someone with over 2k minus points...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Will does need to get out more tbf. Stop posting.

I thought you'd pop up lmao, you think fuck!

I'll be sure to pass onto my black friend not to go out dressed as a mime again, as you're a white person and only you're allowed!

Actually just going to block you as you are as clear dick as they come.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I thought you'd pop up lmao, you think fuck!

I'll be sure to pass onto my black friend not to go out dressed as a mime again, as you're a white person and only you're allowed!

Actually just going to block you as you are as clear dick as they come.

I don't have to appreciate shit lol, haven't been owned at all and I'm not your mate.

3 hours ago, henry bear said:

No offence, but I would have more confidence than buying off someone with over 2k minus points...

Why does what a person rep is a bloody festival forum dictate what kind of seller they are?, if it does then there is something wrong?

I had tickets and was selling them face value on here, I've sold tickets face value on gum tree or whatever but let's not forget....maybe they should check a forum rep with silly vote up/vote down feedback from people they don't even know before hand. Think about it for a second!

11 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

11 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I think it’s because they lost their rarity. Before they reformed for R&L in 2010 they’d had years of being hyped up by NME and I guess as a result they had a lot of newer fans who were maybe too young for them first time around. After Hyde Park, Glastonbury, R&L and TITP I think everyone who really wanted to see them had done so and they seemed to lose a lot of momentum. The last album didn’t really seem to do too well either from what I remember. 

It was an utterly terrible output to be fair. As is said when they were about originally they were a 3rd down main stage act at best, they've just returned to that to be honest if not less so and are well aware they've aired it to where they can.

They also chucked out an arena tour which sold well enough I guess after two ally pally dates. Fairplay to them they jumped on the hype and Glasto sub is something they'd have broke their necks to get to and bhlate transport basically did as they know they'd have never got offered to headline it.