Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Anyway the Bilbao BBK thread has been dead all year so thought I'd stick a few thoughts in here, cos I genuinely don't think I'd have had a better time at Glasto if it had been on. I've never been to a festival that's on in the night before. It's class being able to drink and have a laugh at camp all day and then still see loads of acts.

Thursday was a mint start. Let's Eat Grandma are worth the hype, although they did nearly all the bangers at the start which was kinda weird. Defo go see them though if you're feeling the new album, which I know loads of you are. Caught the end of Temples who I'd not seen before and they were better than expected. Gaz Coombes was really good. Gambino and Parquet Courts were both insanely good, and the former thankfully did more of Because The Internet than his previous setlists this year had suggested. For the show he puts on, maaaaybe those O2 prices aren't quite as bad as I first made out. Florence was, as expected (for me), boring as fuck and I couldn't tell you anything about her set, but Bomba Estero afterwards was a good time even though I got there too late for the FIFA track.

Then on Saturday, I enjoyed King Gizz a lot more than at Glasto last year even though I've barely listened to them since then. Don't really remember much of mbv or The xx, then David Byrne was outstanding. Again, wasn't really feeling the Chemical Brothers at Glasto a few years back cos I was quite sober but they went off at this. It was absolutely incredible.

I'd given Cocoa Sugar a couple of listens and thought it was ok but not really my cup of tea. Caught Young Fathers on Saturday though and they were really intense and unique live. Really good. I'd seen Noel Gallagher a couple of times before and had a good time but he was amazing this time. Jungle aren't my thing but I had a decent time and appreciated it was a good set. Then Gorillaz topped it off with the best set of the weekend.

All that for £80 a ticket ffs and flights are cheap too if you book plenty in advance so I can't bring myself to not recommend it on here haha. Amazing location as well, easily my favourite city I've visited. Weather was nowhere near as hot as I was expecting in Spain, which was great as it was still nice weather but camping was easily bearable. Oh and you could get a litre of beer for 50p in the supermarkets in town. Atmosphere was great, which doesn't seem to be the case at some European festivals from what I've heard, and it seemed a lot of people were on the same page as us in terms of this being our Glasto replacement, but I'm defo gonna try to aim to do both next year. Weezer have already been announced which is a cool start as I'm sure they'll be good, but I wouldn't pay £40 or whatever to see them.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He's a dangerous fraud and he can cram his 12 rules for life sideways right up his fuckpipe.

You should have a crack at actually reading the book before passing judgement. 

Dangerous fraud is hilarious though. Nice one. :lol:

ALT J tour:

REDUXER / UK & Ireland Tour Announce.

It's no secret that we love and are influenced by hip-hop, and it's always been a dream of ours to work with hip-hop artists in re-imagining our music. With REDUXER that dream has come true. We couldn't be happier with the results. This album is truly global, featuring rappers and producers from all over the world. After a very long time in the making, we are stoked to share it with you all.

More exciting news. We will be going out on the road in the UK and Ireland this Autumn for seven shows including a special performance at the Royal Albert Hall. Tickets go on-sale on Friday 20th July at 9am from our website.

Pre-order the new album ‘REDUXER’ from our store below to get 48hr early access tickets to the UK dates.

Pre-order REDUXER + early access UK tour tickets: https://alt-j.lnk.to/altjStoreFA
Pre-order REDUXER: https://alt-j.lnk.to/REDUXERFA

Other shows in Leicester Glasgow Gateshead and Manchester according to https://www.seetickets.com/tour/alt-j?src=MK_TWAltJJul18

Not that i've been checking much or that the charts usually have much to do with who is playing Glastonbury (other than ed Sheeran) but Drake and his new album is all over the charts at the minute. Is he not a realistic option for 2019? 

8 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I love Jordan Peterson because he looks enough like an an actual intellectual to make me feel ok about my deep hatred of trans people. 

I like him because he's bold enough to support enforced monogamy. Who's fault is it that shitty guys can't get anybody to fuck them? That's right, women.