Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

3rd down Pyramid is what I was thinking before the album came out.  JP headline could happen, but I reckon they'll be pushing for a spot on the big stage.

But now the album is out, Glastonbury would have to be very generous to give them that big a slot. I can imagine them dropping from their slot last time to earlier on the Other. John Peel headline would work though and perhaps be the best they could hope for.

3rd down Pyramid is what Katy Perry got. Even though her album had flopped (I think) by then, the career before that firmly established her in that position. Chvrches had two moderately successful albums on the other hand.

Big fan of those two records, but in terms of popularity, Craig David played two nights at The O2 and one at Wembley last year and got 6th-down Pyramid (inc. Jezza). Chvrches might be able to sell out a night at The O2, but JP headliner seems more fitting to me - especially when you think of M83 back in 2016.

Yeah I'd be happy with a John Peel headline set if I was Chvrches these days.

Also are Let's Eat Grandma good now? I had a nap at the back of their William's Green set last year after King Gizz finished me off. Didn't expect them to become the next big thing.

Edited by Mash011

9 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

3rd down Pyramid is what Katy Perry got. Even though her album had flopped (I think) by then, the career before that firmly established her in that position. Chvrches had two moderately successful albums on the other hand.

Big fan of those two records, but in terms of popularity, Craig David played two nights at The O2 and one at Wembley last year and got 6th-down Pyramid (inc. Jezza). Chvrches might be able to sell out a night at The O2, but JP headliner seems more fitting to me - especially when you think of M83 back in 2016.

Come on, Katy Perry isn't a usual third down act. That's like saying The Rolling Stones headlined so Kasabian aren't big enough to.

CHVRCHES may not get 3rd down Pyramid but a lot of acts smaller than Katy Perry have done and will do.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Come on, Katy Perry isn't a usual third down act. That's like saying The Rolling Stones headlined so Kasabian aren't big enough to.

CHVRCHES may not get 3rd down Pyramid but a lot of acts smaller than Katy Perry have done and will do.

Of course, that's very true. But even taking into consideration Royal Blood from last year, they were big enough to sell out Ally Pally three times and get that gig. I doubt CHVRCHES could sell 30,000 tickets in London alone - especially from the crowd size I saw at Parklife this year. But I do agree with your point

14 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Of course, that's very true. But even taking into consideration Royal Blood from last year, they were big enough to sell out Ally Pally three times and get that gig. I doubt CHVRCHES could sell 30,000 tickets in London alone - especially from the crowd size I saw at Parklife this year. But I do agree with your point

Yep, I agree with your overall point that CHVRCHES might not be big enough for the slot. I could see them getting it but I also wouldn't be surprised if the Eavii didn't deem them big enough.

On 7/6/2018 at 12:10 PM, Odessa said:

Jesus fucking Christ I've just bagged tickets to see The Killers at King Tuts Wah Wah Hut in Glasgow after the TRNSMT set. 300 capacity venue apparently? Fuuuuuuucccccckkkkkk!!!

How was the set dude?

14 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

And only one other UK date!  I'd be surprised if they didn't add a Glasgow gig in December, Glasgow loves a hometown (ish, in this case) band playing near Christmas and they did Barrowland at Christmas three years ago.

25 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Was thinking of going to their London date in September that they've had announced for a while. Might be fun.

Yee they play London quite regularly so you can probably pick and choose with that one. Rarely leave the capital, although that tour I posted isn’t exactly sprawling.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yee they play London quite regularly so you can probably pick and choose with that one. Rarely leave the capital, although that tour I posted isn’t exactly sprawling.

You seen them before? Rate a lot of the tunes but I wonder if they're up to much as a live act.

2 hours ago, WFD said:

And only one other UK date!  I'd be surprised if they didn't add a Glasgow gig in December, Glasgow loves a hometown (ish, in this case) band playing near Christmas and they did Barrowland at Christmas three years ago.

Yeah think I’m going to give the Edinburgh gig a miss as they’re guaranteed to play Glasgow soon too, hopefully in the barras again. 

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nope. Too elusive for me.

Based off this clip of their most recent London show I'm inclined to think they're not up to much. Some of the older stuff when it was just the three of them looks decent but it looks like they're trying to play these songs as a guitar based indie rock band and it's, er, weird.