Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I was also amazed that few seemed to know Born Under Punches or The Great Curve (the best songs played IMO). Born Under Punches was the only TH song that didn't have the whole crowd stood up (only about half did).

Not on the Greatest Hits?  I know Remain In Light is regarded as the best album by Head and co. but I dunno if it's their most accessible work.

On 6/17/2018 at 11:23 AM, evannn said:

It’s a complete guess, but they had someone called Alex Cameron supporting them on their Australia tour, and he’s also playing Latitude on the day they headline so maybe he’s support for the uk as well?

It was announced today that it will be Juanita Stein. No idea who she is but I believe she has supported them elsewhere.

13 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I was quite amused last night, at how the audience got up and danced for the talking heads songs, and sat down for the others. The wife thought it was very rude. :lol:

I was also amazed that few seemed to know Born Under Punches or The Great Curve (the best songs played IMO). Born Under Punches was the only TH song that didn't have the whole crowd stood up (only about half did).

The whole show tonight was amazing but those were 2 of my highlights too along with I Zimbra 

On 6/18/2018 at 8:28 AM, Harry49 said:

Has anyone seen the David Byrne tour yet? If so could you let me know approx time he came on stage and how long he played for. Thanks

He came on at 8.45 in manchester last night played till 10.30 . Absolutely brilliant . Crowd were on the feet most of the time to be fair lot of talking heads songs were upbeat tracks that people dance to . The couple of times some sat down were slower tracks . I thought it was fantastic this must be the place  blind burning down the house worked brilliantly but so did everybody's coming to my house. Enjoy it' 

On 6/15/2018 at 3:44 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

First David Byrne then Spiritualized now this. Fuck seats!

Good news, it looks as though there will be standing tix (£35) for Death Cab. Hopefully that is stalls standing rather than rear stalls/circle standing

https://www.seetickets.com/event/death-cab-for-cutie/eventim-apollo-hammersmith-london/1240536?aff=efestivals

2 hours ago, crocodiles said:

He came on at 8.45 in manchester last night played till 10.30 . Absolutely brilliant . Crowd were on the feet most of the time to be fair lot of talking heads songs were upbeat tracks that people dance to . The couple of times some sat down were slower tracks . I thought it was fantastic this must be the place  blind burning down the house worked brilliantly but so did everybody's coming to my house. Enjoy it' 

Yeah it was fantastic last night. Will be surprised if I go to a better gig all year! Hope he is still touring next year as a WH headline set would be perfect.

15 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

It was announced today that it will be Juanita Stein. No idea who she is but I believe she has supported them elsewhere.

Juanita Stein & Alex Cameron have both got main stage slots at Latitude this year... Seems like The Killers are looking after the pair of them.

Which is nice.

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Juanita Stein & Alex Cameron have both got main stage slots at Latitude this year... Seems like The Killers are looking after the pair of them.

Which is nice.

Juanita Stein is also playing their day at TRNSMT.

Ooooo that Voidz tour is definitely a potential for me. Unlikely considering how few shows they've done here but has anyone seen them and can vouch for the quality of their live shows? I know The Strokes aren't great so dunno if its the same sort of thing there.

7 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Ooooo that Voidz tour is definitely a potential for me. Unlikely considering how few shows they've done here but has anyone seen them and can vouch for the quality of their live shows? I know The Strokes aren't great so dunno if its the same sort of thing there.

The Strokes have their moments still. Thought they were great in Hyde Park a few years back...

12 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I think they played one show in London once at the Coronet and it didn’t sell out so those with experience of seeing them will be few and far between. Big jump in shows here but that’s understandable with somewhat of a renaissance. The high ticket prices are fucked though.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Strokes have their moments still. Thought they were great in Hyde Park a few years back...

Imaginable different like. They’re not all singalong anthems that allow band to get away with doing the bare minimum, as with Strokes gigs.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I think they played one show in London once at the Coronet and it didn’t sell out so those with experience of seeing them will be few and far between. Big jump in shows here but that’s understandable with somewhat of a renaissance. The high ticket prices are fucked though.

Yeah seeing they're charging 30 quid for village underground killed my interest a bit. 

50 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's probably worth a go, I feel like I've already got something on the 7th though, need to get my gig list in order.

Ended up buying AHJ tickets after a few drinks the other night, can I wack The Strokes on my seen it live list if I go to this one as well?

Edit: Damn Car Seat Headrest is at Albert Hall that night, I haven't got my tickets yet though... Ahhh I'll choose one of them on payday.

Edited by priest17