Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm probably wrong but I don't even remember his tour this month selling out especially fast, certainly not enough to suggest a tour like this was possible. Maybe like 3rd down Pyramid if he's too big for West Holts. Is he likely to be touring again next summer anyway?

Yeah I thought the same, and I was also gonna suggest maybe 3rd down Pyramid or something if he's too big for WH.

No idea whether he's likely to still be about next Summer. I guess the fact he's in Europe around Glasto time this year probably counts against that happening.

20 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

That David Byrne tour is massive wtf. Too big for West Holts? Didn't think he'd have that selling power as a solo artist.

yeah, he's having some major revived popularity at the mo. I remember the day I saw him in a 120 person venue in London. :D

Bloody kids, getting into music I like and spoiling things. :P

Edited by eFestivals

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

No idea whether he's likely to still be about next Summer. I guess the fact he's in Europe around Glasto time this year probably counts against that happening.

his last 2 major solo tours have taken in European summers twice over 2 years, at the start and end.

Not sure if that's going to happen this time or not - tho it looks less likely to me with him having announced a 2nd set of UK dates for the autumn. Can't really see him coming to the UK for 3rd time on this tour (particularly if those arenas don't sell) but I guess it'll depend on how long the tour goes on for.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Other Stage headliner?

Was gonna say "or Other sub" in that post but didn't because of how Radio One-y it's become in recent years. But then they had PJ Harvey sub it in 2016 of course so I guess it's not ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

his last 2 major solo tours have taken in European summers twice over 2 years, at the start and end.

Not sure if that's going to happen this time or not - tho it looks less likely to me with him having announced a 2nd set of UK dates for the autumn. Can't really see him coming to the UK for 3rd time on this tour (particularly if those arenas don't sell) but I guess it'll depend on how long the tour goes on for.

Yeah that's a good point to be fair. I guess right now I'd say it's more likely that he doesn't play next year.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Was gonna say "or Other sub" in that post but didn't because of how Radio One-y it's become in recent years. But then they had PJ Harvey sub it in 2016 of course so I guess it's not ridiculous.

Yeah that's a good point to be fair. I guess right now I'd say it's more likely that he doesn't play next year.

He must be in a similar raft to Massive Attack, LCD Soundsystem and New Order; all of whom weren't so long ago? But yeah I don't think he'll be playing next summer either. If he is I think he must be in contention with the above, given how big his toru is.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He must be in a similar raft to Massive Attack, LCD Soundsystem and New Order; all of whom weren't so long ago? But yeah I don't think he'll be playing next summer either. If he is I think he must be in contention with the above, given how big his toru is.

Perhaps. I didn't think he was in that ballpark but then again the whole point of my post was that those tour dates look like he's bigger than I was thinking :lol:

His 2018 setlists are pretty consistent!  Looks like you'll pretty much be able to guarantee what you'll get

1 This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) (Talking Heads song) 50
  Once in a Lifetime (Talking Heads song) 50
  Here 50
  Burning Down the House (Talking Heads song) 50
  Toe Jam (Brighton Port Authority cover) 50
  I Zimbra (Talking Heads song) 50
  Slippery People (Talking Heads song) 50
  I Dance Like This 50
  Everybody's Coming to My House 50
  Every Day Is a Miracle 50
11 Blind (Talking Heads song) 49
12 Lazy 47
  Hell You Talmbout (Janelle Monáe cover) 47
14 The Great Curve (Talking Heads song) 46
15 Like Humans Do 45
  I Should Watch TV (David Byrne & St. Vincent cover) 45
17 Dancing Together 44
  Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On) (Talking Heads song) 44
19 Doing the Right Thing 43
  Dog's Mind 43
21 Bullet 42

Edited by Quark

24 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah I thought the same, and I was also gonna suggest maybe 3rd down Pyramid or something if he's too big for WH.

guess it depends on what offers he gets. If he gets an offer for primavera, i could see him building a european festival tour around that. More likely a headline slot for blue dot or field day id say though than glasto

Edited by zahidf

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

guess it depends on what offers he gets. If he gets an offer for primavera, i could see him building a european festival tour around that. More likely a headline slot for blue dot or field day id say though than glasto

Yeah and stuff like that is where I think APE could harm Glasto in terms of booking these acts.