Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, Superunknown said:

I'll give it a like. Seeing them Saturday in Wrexham and we never get any gigs so looking forward to it.

They played there two years ago, Racecourse needs to get its act together and get different bands on. 

We had Feeder in February, bit of a pattern now. 

7 minutes ago, Retro P said:

They played there two years ago, Racecourse needs to get its act together and get different bands on. 

We had Feeder in February, bit of a pattern now. 

Agreed but it's sold out and still very popular in Wales. But yeah we should be making more of an effort to book some more gigs at the racecourse, more money for the club at the end of the day. 

9 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Agreed but it's sold out and still very popular in Wales. But yeah we should be making more of an effort to book some more gigs at the racecourse, more money for the club at the end of the day. 

Wish WA Hall would stop booking acts like PiL, they love the stale olds there. That venue does really well on the comedy front so don’t know why it doesn’t get bolder with bands. 

1 minute ago, Retro P said:

Wish WA Hall would stop booking acts like PiL, they love the stale olds there. That venue does really well on the comedy front so don’t know why it doesn’t get bolder with bands. 

Yeah perfectly decent sized venue but they continue to book dross like Twin Atlantic and PiL lol. Untapped market in Wrexham but no one wants to take advantage of it.

Just now, Superunknown said:

Yeah perfectly decent sized venue but they continue to book dross like Twin Atlantic and PiL lol. Untapped market in Wrexham but no one wants to take advantage of it.

It’s going back over 10 years ago now but Central Station didn’t do too bad at one point, consistently booking metal and emo bands of the moment. And Subways at their storming peak. You’re right there, definitely potential in town for bigger and better gigs. Done with the tribute shite always on. 

Yeah I'm from nearby and all I've ever been to Wrexham for is Johnny Marr in like 2013. I'd have gone to one of the Stereophonics gigs there if they weren't during exam season though tbh, I'm not afraid to lose any efests cred haha (as if I had any to begin with). Same with that Focus Wales they have on in May, that looks good value if you get on the early bird prices.

48 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Yeah I'm from nearby and all I've ever been to Wrexham for is Johnny Marr in like 2013. I'd have gone to one of the Stereophonics gigs there if they weren't during exam season though tbh, I'm not afraid to lose any efests cred haha (as if I had any to begin with). Same with that Focus Wales they have on in May, that looks good value if you get on the early bird prices.

Yeah Focus a couple of years ago had Joy Formidable which I was gutted to miss as had James in Llandudno, never known such a gig clash in North Wales! Phonics played Llangollen on the back of P&C in the late 90s, best time to have seen them. 

16 minutes ago, Retro P said:

Yeah Focus a couple of years ago had Joy Formidable which I was gutted to miss as had James in Llandudno, never known such a gig clash in North Wales! Phonics played Llangollen on the back of P&C in the late 90s, best time to have seen them. 

I will never get over a few of my mates going to see Blur in Llandudno for like £40 the night before I had a really important Maths A level exam :(

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Confused here. You're moaning about a venue booking "dross like" PiL but you're going to see Stereophonics?

7 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I saw SFA in Llangollen in 98, what a gig that was. Had their inflatable bears teathered outside the Pavilion.

Had tickets for that but missed it due to a family birthday, went to school next to the Pavillion and it had a decent year or two around then. 

24 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Confused here. You're moaning about a venue booking "dross like" PiL but you're going to see Stereophonics?

Phonics didn't headline Glasto by accident pal, first three albums were very good. And yeah PiL are dross. And John Lydon shags butter. Hope that's cleared things up a bit x 

34 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I will never get over a few of my mates going to see Blur in Llandudno for like £40 the night before I had a really important Maths A level exam :(

Still can’t get over Blur playing there and Elton John for that matter, not a bad venue these days. That bargain won’t ever happen again either. 

1 hour ago, Retro P said:

It’s going back over 10 years ago now but Central Station didn’t do too bad at one point, consistently booking metal and emo bands of the moment. And Subways at their storming peak. You’re right there, definitely potential in town for bigger and better gigs. Done with the tribute shite always on. 

Last gig I saw there was Black Stone Cherry which looking back is now a pretty huge booking but yeah tributes are rustling me. The Rock in the Park thing tops it off. 

10 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Phonics didn't headline Glasto by accident pal, first three albums were very good. And yeah PiL are dross. And John Lydon shags butter. Hope that's cleared things up a bit x 

Ed Sheeran, Kasabian and Mumford and Sons have headlined Glastonbury.

Edit: Fuck sake I forgot Stereophonics are Welsh.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

On 4/24/2018 at 10:19 AM, finn_with_1_n said:

"Currently putting the finishing touches to his long–awaited fourth solo LP, JOHN GRANT has announced news of a run of UK and European live dates throughout October and November, including his first ever Brixton Academy performance in London. "

Thursday 16th August – Birmingham, UK – Symphony Hall

Saturday 18th August – Brecon Beacons , UK – Green Man Festival

Sunday 19th August – Bangor, UK – Open House Festival

Monday 20th August – Edinburgh, UK – Edinburgh International Festival – The Playhouse

Monday 29th October – Brighton, UK – The Dome

Tuesday 30th October  – London, UK – O2 Academy Brixton

Wednesday 31st October  – Bath, UK – The Forum

Friday 2nd November – Sheffield, UK – Octagon Centre

Saturday 3rd November – Manchester, UK – Albert Hall

After the not at all disappointing "Disappointing", I really, really didn't get on with the last album. Almost as heartbreaking as Humanz. Can Johnny boy redeem himself as well as Gorillaz?

11 minutes ago, Retro P said:

Still can’t get over Blur playing there and Elton John for that matter, not a bad venue these days. That bargain won’t ever happen again either. 

Only time I've been there was for The Vaccines which was one of my first gigs. Was pretty underwhelming and that's when I was a fairly big fan of them. Blur in there would have been brilliant for sure, and it was the same summer they were charging nearly double that price at Hyde Park (although I think there were cheap last minute ones). God I really hope Glasto book them in the next couple of years. They are surely being tapped up for 2020.

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Fuck sake I forgot Stereophonics are Welsh.

What are you implying?