Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Mark Lanegan and Duke Garwood are playing a gig in Manchester (might be a full tour but gigs and tours only has this listed). Does anyone know what to expect from that? Can't find any setlists of those two playing together, but appears they did an album together 5 years ago. I like Mark Lanegan but not familiar with all of his stuff yet and never heard of the other guy until just now.

5 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Mark Lanegan and Duke Garwood are playing a gig in Manchester (might be a full tour but gigs and tours only has this listed). Does anyone know what to expect from that? Can't find any setlists of those two playing together, but appears they did an album together 5 years ago. I like Mark Lanegan but not familiar with all of his stuff yet and never heard of the other guy until just now.

I was at this gig. Really enjoyed it. Duke Garwood supported and then played with Mark but it was all Lanegan tunes. 

https://nomoreworkhorse.com/2016/04/29/mark-lanegan-academy-april-27th-2016-live-review/

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mark-lanegan/2016/the-academy-dublin-ireland-73f13679.html

Black Pudding is the album you're thinking of. Couple of nice tunes on there. 

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Parquet Courts latest tour has been announced, although I can't find a poster or out to throw in here. Tickets all look like they're between 15-20 squid, I shall be attending the Manchester Ritz show for sure.

Parquet Courts UK tour dates 2018:
Sun 4 Nov – O2 Ritz, Manchester
Mon 5 Nov – Boiler Shop, Newcastle 
Tue 6 Nov – SWG3, Glasgow
Wed 7 Nov – Church, Leeds
Sat 10 Nov – SWX, Bristol 
Mon 12 Nov – Roundhouse, London

Presale tickets are available at 9am on Wed 23 May through O2 Priority, with tickets on general sale at 9am on Wed 25 May.

A little more info there

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

I was at this gig. Really enjoyed it. Duke Garwood supported and then played with Mark but it was all Lanegan tunes. 

https://nomoreworkhorse.com/2016/04/29/mark-lanegan-academy-april-27th-2016-live-review/

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mark-lanegan/2016/the-academy-dublin-ireland-73f13679.html

Black Pudding is the album you're thinking of. Couple of nice tunes on there. 

Nice one, thanks for this. Very tempted to go, I thought he was decent at Glasto last year but I didn't think the sound was all that great for his set.

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How are their live shows? Anyone see them on their tour earlier this year? Thinking of going to the Brixton gig 

IMG_2521.JPG

Saw they'd appeared on Brighton Dome's listings this morning.  Bear's Den were great in there, it's a lovely venue for relatively low key stuff.  Think FAK would sound lush in there.  This may happen...

25 minutes ago, Quark said:

Saw they'd appeared on Brighton Dome's listings this morning.  Bear's Den were great in there, it's a lovely venue for relatively low key stuff.  Think FAK would sound lush in there.  This may happen...

I saw them there about three years ago and it was great. Pity its a 200 mile round trek on a Tuesday night for me or i'd be tempted to see them there again this time.

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Morrissey's doing two nights at Castlefield Bowl in July.

£71 plus charges etc a pop.  He’s squeezing every drop out of the UK.  I think it’s a miss, having suffered Ali Pally.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Hadn't seen this but there's a few other dates here

https://twitter.com/thirdmanrecords/status/998639844728418304

Oh right. Ticketmaster Twitter only said about those ones, oddly. Glad there are more dates to spread the demand.

The shows (the ones I mentioned at least) are phone free gigs though. Your phone will be locked in a pouch and unable to open unless you go into a Yonder Zone (this is real) and then you can do whatever.

19 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How are their live shows? Anyone see them on their tour earlier this year? Thinking of going to the Brixton gig 

IMG_2521.JPG

Saw them on the Pyramid last year, and at the Roundhouse earlier in the year (my daughter's first ever gig!). They were great both times. The Staves are brilliant as well. Great double bill. Will definitely be getting Brixton tickets.

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Jack White playing the new 'Venue' arena in Hull and the new 'Space by Echo Arena' (?) in Liverpool. 18th and 20th October. Tix on sale Friday.

Looking at adding a few of these shows to my list but if the tickets are £60 again I won't be able to do too many.

16 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

At the moment I don't have tickets for either Rolling Stones next week or LCD Soundsytem at APE on Friday. I know I shouldn't be going to them through saving cash and leave but dammit I want both so much. 

Pretty sure you can still get Lucky Dip tickets for the Stones on Friday and I reckon LCD tickets will be cheap on the day. 

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Pretty sure you can still get Lucky Dip tickets for the Stones on Friday and I reckon LCD tickets will be cheap on the day. 

Yeah, it's just the travel and the booze that makes it add up. I'm thinking Stones especially could be done on the cheap if I can find someone else interested.