Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

That'd be like when I chose my accommodation for university, and I wanted to be in the cool, grittier, architecturally significant blocks where everyone knew everyone, and instead they put me in the shiny, expensive, en suite building that seemed to be deliberately laid out to stop anyone befriending anyone else.

32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though it also contains a well regarded Caribbean restaurant in the form of Camila Cabello*.  Better than being homeless, which is where you currently find yourself.  

* Probably either misogynist, racist or both.

Seriously though, Ms. XCX better not start dating some tech billionaire dipshit as well

Worth going to see Car Seat Headrest in Liverpool tomorrow night? Have literally just got into them then heard they’re playing some venue there I’ve never heard of at £15 a ticket. It’s a good hour of trekking for me along with a day of ale testing at a brewery first. I feel on record they sound raw and incredible. 

10 minutes ago, Retro P said:

Worth going to see Car Seat Headrest in Liverpool tomorrow night? Have literally just got into them then heard they’re playing some venue there I’ve never heard of at £15 a ticket. It’s a good hour of trekking for me along with a day of ale testing at a brewery first. I feel on record they sound raw and incredible. 

Go for it, saw them at Glastonbury without really knowing much about them and thought they were excellent, plus The Invisible Wind Factory is an excellent venue. Only downside is it's about a 20 to 25 minutes walk from town.

5 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Yeah Charli tickets gone in an instant. Kinda ridiculous doing one gig in a tiny venue for an artist of her size tbh. I need Pop2 live in my life.

I guess the tiny venue was kind of the point though. Hopefully she'll be back with it, I'm willing to accept sets at Printworks or the Brixton Academy as substitutes. 

1 minute ago, Winslow Leach said:

I guess the tiny venue was kind of the point though. Hopefully she'll be back with it, I'm willing to accept sets at Printworks or the Brixton Academy as substitutes. 

Aye but could've done multiple nights or more than 1 city yknow.

The Sonics announced a gig at The Garage (London), on 4/10.

I don't know how well known they are around here but I saw them two years ago and it was one of the funnest gigs I've ever been too. Everybody was rocking out and dancing along, the bass player looked me in the eyes and nodded, at me, and I was standing near some big editor from Rolling Stone magazine for a lot of it. It was a fucking party 

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I don't know how well known they are around here but I saw them two years ago and it was one of the funnest gigs I've ever been too. Everybody was rocking out and dancing along, the bass player looked me in the eyes and nodded, at me, and I was standing near some big editor from Rolling Stone magazine for a lot of it. It was a fucking party 

The Sonics, The Sonics, The Sonics, The Sonics.

That's about as far as my knowledge goes, soz for the shit input.

28 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Genuinely astonished they’re still going. Not sure why as a lot of people their age and era still are, but I am.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:52 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

So I'm visiting a friend in Bristol next week, and they're taking me along to see Ezra Furman. Can someone give me a quick rundown of him? What are the essential tracks/albums?

Wobbly, Little piece of trash, tell em all to go to hell, My zero, suck the blood from my wounds, lousy connection, restless year

Are all good starting points. But yeah, listen to his albums. Ezra's a brilliant songwriter and live performer. You'll love it.